Thursday, March 3, 2011

Post 1

Post One: Recent picture, introduction, and 15 random facts:



The most recent picture I have.

My daughter's birthday party: My mom Anne, my daughter Lauren, my son Jamie, my nephew Zander, me, and my puppy Pepper in the back.



My name is Mrs. Rachel Marie Lovato. I am a proud West Valley, Utah resident. I am happily married to my handsome husband Matt. We've been married for almost 12 years, and known each other for 16 years. I am a University of Utah graduate. I am a Manager at Discover Card-it means the world to me. My family is there, my friends are there...and well, my self-esteem is there too. I am the proud mama of two of the best kids on the planet...7 year old Lauren and 3 year old Jamie. They melt my heart and content my soul. I love my family, both my tight immediate family and my gynormous extended family. I love everything to do with dance. I love reality television. I am the happiest when I am out on the lake holding my two kiddos with my hubby by my side. I like to keep myself busy scrapbooking, making jewelery and selling Scentsy.



Random facts...hmm..this is tough, I am so open it is hard to think of things I haven't said before.

1-I love Zombie movies. I don't know why-they just terrify me-and fascinate me at the same time.

2-I am super duper crabby in the morning. I am usually OK by the time I get to work-but I just grunt around in the early morning...good thing I am usually alone.

3-I loved to read as a kid. On Christmas vacations I would lay in my bed all day reading. On family vacations I would take a bag of books...my favorite as a kid...RL Stine books. I think I have read them all.

4-I am in awe of anyone who has other-than-brown eyes. I love Matt's hazel eyes. Little-known fact is that I once had colored contacts..they were green. I had them for a year, the year I met Matt. He hated them and loved my brown eyes. Sort of ironic, right?

5-I have never been able to do a pushup, a real boy pushup. I have weak T-Rex arms.

6-Me and my cousin Patrice have twin birthmarks on our hip, we used to tell people we were sisters because I look more like her than her own sister.

7-I hate peas. Canned peas. My mom used to make them all the time, I am not a picky eater but I hate peas.

8-I collect buttons. Weird, I know. I have just always kept the extra buttons that come with clothes, you would think that I have more than I do..but I just have a pitcher that is barely full and it is in the bathroom. Okay, that is weird-I never much thought about it.

9-For some reason I am fascinated by bruises. If someone tells me they have a bruise, I ask to see it.

10-I've always wanted a nickname, but have never really gotten one that sticks. My Sister-In-Law Alex's brother used to work with me at Discover Card and he used to call me R-lo (because I am a huge J-Lo fan) and it was so sweet. When he passed away it was one of the great things I remembered about him..I miss him dearly.

11-I am five foot three and a half..short by any other standard...except by my Lovato-side-standards. I am taller than my dad, my brother, mom, sisters AND all of the Lovato (my) side. I am like a giant. It is trippy.

12-I may be the last remaining human without any "Apple" merchandise. No IPod for me.

13-I don't get grossed out easily but I get sick to my stomache when people clip their nails in public. Especially at work-seriously I could vomit.

14-I hate BIG changes. But I love small changes..like new shampoo, a new shirt, etc. Call me OCD but I am the happiest when everything I am wearing coordinates. I am talking socks, underwear, jewelry, and even perfume and shampoo. And I hate and WILL not wear the same jewelry two days in a row or use the same shampoo or perfume two days in a row.

15-I get extremely attached to people and I have a hard time letting go of any relationship despite how toxic it may be. It drives Matt crazy. I guess that I am just really forgiving. I actually made it a New Years Resolution to only invest my time in people who are investing it back in me.



Well, that is some random business. Did any of my readers know any of those things? I am sort of an open book. I love to share. Thanks Misty for the great idea. Woot woot.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Maybe I should do a post like this.!
Super duber crabby in the morning? I am the complete opposite, crabby at night!

Bree said...

**LOVE it!**

Lamb Fam said...

I am totally fascinated by you right now. I've always known you were quirky (& that's a good thing. It's endearing), but I didn't know HOW quirky you were. I am a total BORE compared to you; I've used the same shampoo for YEARS. And funny, one of my good friends used to call me J-La (for Jami LAmborn and cause I liked J LO), but now it's been shortened to just 'J'. And sorry to hear about Alex's brother. I can't imagine- so SAD!
Anyway, that was a fun post.

Misty said...

Ha, I didn't think the button thing was weird until you described it. You must think I'm crazy - I find one piece of jewelry I like and wear it constantly, one perfume and stick with it, ya know. I'm right there with you on the bruise thing - I love them and scars too. And people really clip their fingernails at work? Icky.