Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Years Eve/New Years Day

One of my favorite holidays is New Years Eve! Pretty much every year since 1999 we have had a party at our house with Matt's brother, and sister. We usually eat junk food, play games and enjoy the fact that the Christmas stress is over. I got fancier than usual and made some of the snacks...with the help of "Tastefully Simple". Here is a key-lime cheeseball that I, yes, once again I, made. YUMM!!
I also made this yummy garlic dip. I am channelling my inner Tina for the fancy set up.
I also made lime-ade = success and I attempted "little smokies" = fail. Dave usually makes them and he couldn't make it. It wouldn't be the same without them, I hope he can make it back next year to show me how it is done.
I love, love, love Alex's 7 layer bean-dip.
I also love her orange salad, I beg her to make it every year.

I also put up some New Years decorations. I love my mantle full of stuff, after Christmas-it is so bare.

Look at these two cute girls! My daughter and my niece, Bella. Perfectly adorable.

Matt and his brother and sister.

I think their mom would be so proud that her children are so close, that we get along so well!


Do they look alike? AND...is Kristen making fun of me and my posing ways?

This is actual proof that my son is the "drink stealer!"

Matt's brother Greg and his wife Alex. We are so glad that they are our friends as well as our relatives. We always have fun. Thanks for spending every New Years Eve with us!

Me and the hubs. New Years Eve attire and sparkling cider!

Look at my cute niece Maddie, she wouldn't stay put long enough for me to get a front shot!

Hmmm..is Matt trying to get an early start on his New Years Resolution?! Don't mind the Orange DC shirt-Matt had to work that night!

Jamie is such a poser, now who did he get THAT from?

Bella made it to midnight--no problem!

This little pipsqueak is quite brave. So cute, Maddie!

The kids ran around in circles with their noisemakers. Oh what fun!

Lauren was so cute in her hat!

Jamie wanted his picture taken too.


Everytime he sees Justin Bieber-he thinks it is him. Here is his New Years Hat-"Bieber style".
I love his crinkled nose smile. He is so huggably adorable.
It was so snowy that night....apparently our blow-up snowman had one too many. LOL.
I am lucky that Greg and Alex and Kristen made it to and from our house safely. Matt did some shoveling before bed. Only on New Years Eve!
Every New Years Day-it is tradition to go to Red Lobster. We call it "National Red Lobster Day". Matt was soooo looking forward to it. It never dissapoints.
Look at my two boys. Love them!
Lauren and her cousin, Zander. Our "Giant Baby". He is so chubby and cute.
Me and the hubs. Yipee we survived 2010!
My cute baby sister, even with no makeup. (she is probably mad at me for sharing this).
I wanted to slip this shot in of the animals. This must be how they spend their day. They are in the cage by choice-we leave the door open!
I bought them these shirts for Christmas. Am I a geek or what?
But I couldn't resist-they were too cute! "Big Sister" and "Little Brother".
It felt so nice to have a clean house, and to put away all the Christmas decorations. I felt like I could BREATHE! Hope you all had a great holiday season. From our house to yours. Happy 2011! Now, where exactly do I put THIS box?

2 comments:

Misty said...

Wow, all of that food looks delicious. You guys always look like you have so much fun!

...and this is so a side note, but do you ever watch the Powerpuff Girls? You reminded me of Mojo Jojo when you said "Here is a key-lime cheeseball that I, yes, once again, I, made." I totally read that part in his voice. Ha!

Beth said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!
The food looks soo amazing!
Lil smokies are soo easy to make!

Why no pics of baby Ethan?