Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lauren's Birthday

Last Friday I finally got to hold my friend Melissa's baby, Arielle. She was so small and so perfect...I can barely remember when my babies were that size. My baby is now 8. 8! Geesh. 8 going on 18.....she is one spoiled little girl!

She is on C track..which meant she went off track February 3. This means I had to have all of her Valentines ready for her class PLUS all of her invites to her class for her birthday party. She couldn't wait for the day of her party. For the third year in a row she had her party at the West Valley Fitness Center. She wanted a boy/girl friendly theme so she went with RIO. Here is her cute cake...(sorry it is upside down).!

My friend Dawn came with her daughter, Shelby and her son, Brody. Brody was so cute pushing around this shopping cart!

Here is Shelby, Lauren adores her! She is such a cute girl.

Here is the whole gang in the partay room.

See...look how big she is! I wish I woulda taken pictures of her by this ruler the past two years!

For the second year in a row, the boy that she had a crush on came to the party and sat right next to her! His name is Robby and he is very tall and very smart-and very polite too (I might add).

Jamie was more than happy to come along...look at that cheeser!

My sister, Sarah, for the third year in a row came to help me wrangle the kiddos. They are much easier this year and I told her she didn't NEED to come, but I was thrilled to hear that she WANTED to come help. Do we all look we are related?

Throw cousin Bella in there too. My kids love hanging out with her.

Lauren will proudly tell you she is a "Daddy's Girl".
(I didn't get too many pictures of the party....I am always so bad at it. If I was rich-I would hire a photographer for every event so that I could have plenty of pictures).

Here was the scene awaiting her on her REAL birthday, Sunday the 26th.

After church, Lauren got to pick where we went to lunch. She chose her favorite-Red Lobster. They even came and sang to her. She loved it-I don't know why she looks embarassed.


That night we had her family over for another party. Here was HUGE cake #2. Costco only makes one size= TOO BIG.


I thought I was hillarious...I put fake candles on her cake...it was like whac-a-mole but with blowing out candles. What a good sport.


My adorable little poser!


AND meet the newest two members of our family-Snowball and Princess. Robo Dwarf Hamsters. They are so cute.
Lauren's birthday wish. Oh, what have we gotten ourselves into!
AND...my traditional picture of my baby asleep on her birthday night. It took her a while to get to sleep after the cake, the presents and all the excitement. Still..so sweet.


OKAY and TOTALLY unrelated...but too crazy not to share. THIS was my car on Thursday night, a couple of days after Lauren's birthday!! We have had so little snow and then we had this storm. AND here is Utah for ya today, SUNDAY...four days later...it is completely sunny and warm, all the snow melted. NONE of us even wore coats today. Our weather is so crazy!

1 comment:

Misty said...

I can't tell you enough how much I love that girl of yours! She is such a sweetie and so beautiful! You're an amazing Mama for celebrating her special day the way you did! Also, I love using exclamation points!