Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Awesome Week...

SUNDAY: Church and lunch with the family. Nap. Watched the Jazz on TV WIN again! THEN...Season Finale of THE WALKING DEAD. One of my favorite shows! It was SOOO good. My heart was beating so fast during the finale-I was literally shaking. First time a show has ever had an effect like that on me. I like Rick-the guy in uniform...but Glen is probably my favorite..he is the guy in the back with a baseball hat on.
MONDAY: I worked the day shift. Busy all day at work. I had the kids alone that night. Cleaned Lauren's room...what a chore...felt good when it was done.

TUESDAY: Another early day, I worked while Matt was on PTO. When I got off we headed downtown to the Jazz game. It was such a good game and the stadium was full and it was loud and we won! It was such a blast! Matt even caught a shirt! He bought me a new shirt too..what a sweetie! Look at these two cuties!
Our seats are so close and so awesome! I wish I could go to every game and I wish these seats were permanently mine!
Jamie-showing off his big finger.
Lauren and her new finger! Her favorite-BIG AL!
Jamie and me. I love my cuddle buddy!
Such an exciting win! Boo-yeah!
WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY: Work, blah...nothing exciting. BUT productive-so I will take it. BUT then Thursday night at 10 PM....I headed south to Thanksgiving point to meet my bestie Misty for the Hunger Games midnight premiere. We talk/text/post everyday to each other....but rarely see face to face. We visited for a while...exchanged some gifts, watched some boys dance in the parking lot and headed inside to the INSANITY. There were people dressed as the characters, there were booths, LOTS of teenagers, and wall-to-wall people! The movie was sooooo gooooood. I loved it sooooooo much. I absolutely LOVED the books and started reading BEFORE I knew that a movie was coming-I hate being a bandwagoner-so I am pleased that I read it before I knew it was COOL. Seems like evreyone I talked to loved Gale but I always loved the character of Peeta. AT first I wasn't in love with the choice of the actor, Josh Hutcherson for the role-but he really grew on me!! I think the movie was pretty true to the book and many scenes were just how I imagined it. It was cool to see the "tributes" too!


I am sure you have heard about Misty...she is an uber-creative supermom. She made these (surprise) awesome shirts! They were AMAZING. She even got me the PERFECT size. She knows me sooo well! Here she is modeling the back of her shirt.
AND the awesome front shot. We also had these awesome matching necklaces that I found for a steal on E-bay. I am glad that she loved them as much as I did!
AND...here I am modeling mine...in the theatre.
Here is a little picture of the craziness!
AND HERE WE ARE. It was soo much fun!! I am so grateful to her for introducing the books to me...talking about them non-stop with me....making her own amazing soundtrack and sending me a copy....and being overall crazy like me about every aspect of it. GOOD TIMES! (PS...Misty tells the whole story better than I do..so check out her blog from the link). Oh- I just LOVE her!!
FRIDAY: After getting home around 3 a.m....I went to bed, got up at 730 to take the kids to school...then went back to bed! I had taken PTO for the day. I pretty much work every Friday-so it was awesome to have a RARE 3 day weekend. I just had to run to work for an hour. I came home and cleaned the house...until it was time to go see the movie AGAIN! Matt's work paid for the whole family to go. I was sorta worried about the movie being too much for the kids-but they handled it all just fine. Matt didn't love it as much as I did....but with me being all crazy about it-I didn't expect him to be quite on my level...lol.

SATURDAY: Slept in, HEAVENLY. Lunch with the fam, and some shopping for a few items. Including this awesome Peeta blanket that Matt bought me. Then just relaxed all day. Such a great day. Such a great week.....

3 comments:

Misty said...

Geez girl, how are you going to recover from a week like that? Thank you, thank you for trusting me enough to read the books, loving them as much as me, and being crazy enough to brave a movie at midnight with a gazillion teeny-boppers. Best night ever!

Misty said...

P.S. I'm jealous that you loved Peeta from the start. I was cheering for Gale most of the way through book 1. Oh, I was so foolish back then.

Misty said...

p.p.s. something should definitely be said about your cute cute family. I love those pictures at the game!