Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Not for the weak of heart....

This first picture was taken a while ago..and the kids both look crazy...but you can see here how many TEETH this little lady has. It is too many for her small little mouth. The dentist said that if we didn't remove some of them, they would come in all funky-like through the roof of her mouth and on top of the other teeth!
I took PTO today to take her to the dentist for the "extractions"...they ended up pulling eight baby teeth. My little girl was NOT HAPPY, and I immediately wished that I would have asked Matt to come with me. She kicked and screamed the entire time and I seriously worried about her hypervenilating! This was BEFORE the craziness started.
Here is the finished product a couple of hours later....she is happy again and ready to go to bed and awake to Tooth Fairy riches.
CLOSE up. OUCH.
EIGHT whole teeth. It amazed me how easy they were to pull out....two wiggles and a jerk and out they popped.
It is hard to watch your babies be in pain. It is hard to watch your babies grow up. Hurts my heart a little bit. At least we got to spend the day and snuggle....and I got to read the Hunger Games AGAIN. I don't think that I have EVER read a book twice and I am in LOVE with that book...that helped the pain a bit, well for me anyway.

2 comments:

Zosmaa said...

I had to have 4 permanent molars pulled when I got braces. They did it in 2 sessions and the very last one to come out hurt like a mofo! They pulled and pulled and had to twist and yank! It would not budge and hurt so bad. She's a real trooper!!

Misty said...

I cannot believe you think I'm going to call the dentist for my kiddies after posting this!! My heart is racing for poor Lauren...so scary! I'm glad she made it out okay, and she really does look just as gorgeous! And three cheers for finishing HG again. :)