Monday, August 2, 2010

My 4th of July Post (just in time for the 4th of August)

I feel bad that it has taken me this long to blog this!! I have been an avid journaler since I was about 10 years old and this blog really has become my journal. My real journal's entries have gotten VERY sparse since the kids have been born. So, I wanted to make sure that I gave my 4th of July post its respects. Last year, Matt's brother Greg and his wife Alex invited us to stay in their hotel in Park City. We had a BLAST so we were thrilled when they invited us again this year.

The real 4th of July was on a Saturday. I spent the day shopping for groceries with Alex so that we would be prepared. I also did lots of laundry and started to pack. Matt was at work, so when he got off we drove to Tooele to my Best Friend Beth's house. She has a big shindig every year. It was my first year to attend. We didn't get to stay very long, but I was able to snap one and only one pic. I love this gal sooo much. She is amazing. Such a sweet, giving, dependable friend.

Lauren had not forgotten about Park City and the countdown to our trip began months back. When we were FINALLY on the road Sunday afternoon...she could not contain her excitement! I think this is the biggest smile I've ever seen on her face.

Jamie had to show me his cheeser too. Aw, I love this little boy.

We arrived in Park City and checked out our awesome hotel. We hung out at the suite for a while and then we went for a walk on Main Street. Park City is such a neat town. Here are my kiddos with my niece Isabella. They are all such good friends and they get along so well!

I even got a pic of Matt and I too!

The kiddos didn't think walking was that much fun. Pouty Lauren and my adorable niece Maddie (sorry this pic is the wrong way).

We did a bit of shopping and stopped at Rocky Mountain Chocolates...MY FAVE! While waiting in line, Maddie got out of her stroller and just STARED at this little boy. I think she was in LOVE.

Also while in line, I caught a glimpse out the window and my heart melted. I LOVE my boys!

We had Main Street Pizza for dinner..mmmm. Then we went to see the fireworks. Last year we could just walk from the hotel. This year we were far away, so getting there was sort of an ordeal. BUT we made it just in time. The two girls laughed and played. They are the best of buddies.

Glow sticks and licorice made it a perfect night!

I tried to take a bunch of self-photos...ugh..I didn't like any of them. Matt said enough was enough...so here was the best one. Gotta love a flash on a dark night!

I love that our family are our friends! Greg and Alex and Maddie.

The kids shared a pull out bed, the sight of them in the same bed was so precious. Matt hadn't gotten much sleep from the night before and Alex and I ended up falling asleep in the common area for a few minutes before we moved to our rooms. It was an early night, well for me anyway.

Monday afternoon we headed up to the Alpine Slides and the Roller Coaster. It was a bit crowded so we let the kids jump on the bouncy houses for a while...they had a blast. I love Jamie's jumping tongue and cute Maddie from the side.

One of the coolest parts is riding the chair lift up. My cuties: Lauren and Matt.

Love these girls: Bella and Alex. Greg and Maddie waited for us back at the hotel.

Another self-photo...Me and Jamie.

Here we are on the Alpine Slide. Lauren just HAD to ride with her dad.

Alex and Bella ready to go.

Self-Photo....Me and Jamie...Let's ride!!

After our ride, we had some sandwiches that we had brought. We went swimming. I have no pics...boo. We got showered and dressed again and headed to Squatters. I think that I had the awesomest salad ever...Grilled Tillapia. YUMMO! After dinner we headed back to the hotel, got the kiddos in bed. Then Alex, Matt, and I played Canasta (a card game like rummy). Then Matt and I watched "The Fourth Kind" in our room. It was way freaky and it sort of gave me nightmares. We got up early on Tuesday and packed to go home. There was this tree outside of our room, I am not sure if you can see it, but it has tons of shoes hanging from it. Not quite sure why...

Here was our attempt to get a picture of all 4 of the kiddos. Poor Maddie...she must have not liked sitting next to Jamie.

Seriously, I am in LOVE with this cute little girl and her adorable cheek dimple!

Cousins AND twinners.

It was so great to get away. It was our first family double overnighter since Easter 2008. I think we all had a great time!! It was so refreshing!! I went back to work on Tuesday, a great vacation with NO PTO used. Double great! I hope that we get invited to go back next year. Thanks Greg and Alex for having us, we love you guys! We love the 4th of July. For some reason, the 4th of July always reminds me of the first summer that Matt and I met....15 years ago. 15 years and my heart still does fireworks for him like the fireworks in the sky...okay that sounds super cheesy, but it is true.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Oh my goodness, this looks like SUCH a blast!

Beth said...

Aww! Dependable friend I am ? Thanks for coming out to my shindig..sorry didn't get more pictures!
Alpine Slide looks so fun! We went on a slide similar like it in South Dakota.
The kids are so photogenetic...