Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lauren's First Day of First Grade

I am gonna blog out of order here..but I wanted to hurry and blog Lauren's first day of school before some of the other summer activities. First of all, I can't believe she is back in school already...but she is on D track and she goes back 3 weeks later than the rest of the school. Her starting school brought some changes to our routines. Matt is going to work earlier. I am getting up and taking Lauren and her best friend to school. Now since I don't have to pick up Lauren from Kindergarten, I go to work earlier, I drop Jamie off at my parents earlier than usual and get to work earlier. Lauren goes to her friends house after school, Matt picks her up and then goes to get Jamie-who now spends his day alone at my parents house. I get off a little bit earlier and we get a little bit of time together as a family and we all go to bed earlier...including me-the night owl. They are all good changes. I keep telling myself "time to grow up". I guess that is what happens when your kids grow up. Okay, back to the spotlight girl.

I couldn't resist myself. I had to take a picture of my cute Lauren sleeping. The next day she would wake up a First Grader!

Just like all last year, she woke up by her own alarm and got herself 100% ready. Luckily we had enough time for a few pictures. I tried to re-create my pictures from last year. Here she is on the porch again.

This cute dress of hers is actually out of dress code, so, she won't be wearing it to school anymore...oops.

Here she is standing up, in a dancers pose.

She got a new princess backpack to start the new year.

This girl has lost 6 teeth so far...and a few of them are coming back in FINALLY. I thought she might be toothless forever.

For the first day, the whole family was there to support Lauren. Here are the people I love the most...Jamie, Matt, and Lauren.

I actually took PTO for her first day. I wanted to be there to help pick her up on the first day, and to go with our neighbor, April who would be taking Lauren after school until Matt gets off work. I just wanted to be there to help transition Lauren into the new routine. April and I walked to the school, I pushed Jamie in the stroller. On the short walk there, he fell asleep IN the stroller. Who does that? YUP...Matt's son! He slept all the way back and then sat in the stoller sleeping for a while AFTER we got home. Silly boy.

Oreo had enjoyed a day free of Lauren torture. That dumb cat slept on MY side of the bed all day.

Aww..when Lauren got home, she was happy to see her cat. It was a happy reunion.

So, there it is. I officially have a First Grader. She is so big! So far she likes her teacher, Mrs. Lance. She loves eating school lunch, she loves spending time with her best friend, Chrystie. She thinks that the day is long, but it is good. We are all adjusting to the new schedule well, the first week has gone great. I am thankful that there is a little bit of summer weather left. I will share some pics of some summer lovin' soon..stay tuned!

2 comments:

Misty said...

I can't believe she is in FIRST GRADE! She is so adorable, and so grown up! Love love that picture of her and Oreo! Aww!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad she looks happy when she returned home. I am so nervous for Anistyn! Hopefully she has a smile on her face at the end of the day like Lauren. ( :