Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Favorite Little Guy!

Okay. When it came to Lauren's birthday post, it was full of pictures of Lauren posing with EVERYONE. WELL, my little boy is NO poser! BUT I did want to share some of my favorite shots of him. What can I say, he is 100% genuine and 100% genuine BOY!

Recently we enjoyed a trip to Joe's Crab Shack in West Jordan. We all love going there because the kids get to play and Matt and I get to enjoy a meal without hurrying to get out of there before one of the kids has a meltdown. We were happy that the weather here was finally nice enough to actually be outside. Jamie is so good on playgrounds and he loves them!







Is it just me, or is he cute?

After lunch we did some shopping at the Gateway, this was Jamie's first time to see the fountain and he was curious, yet afraid. Here he is running away! Love the action shot!

On my day off, we visited my friend Carissa. She has an awesome playground and Jamie just HAD to explore! What a show-off.

I have a collection of pictures of Jamie sleeping, he is the craziest sleeper ever! I am waiting to create a post of all of the silly pictures I have of him. For now...here is a cute one of him, sleeping next to me on the couch.

When we moved to the new house we were a bit worried about Lauren finding friends her age, well-there was no need to worry, the little social butterfly has found plenty of friends. One AWESOME thing about here versus our old house, is that Jamie has a friend now! He lives right next door and they are 6 days apart! They are sooo cute together and are totally opposite in looks. Gage has white-blonde hair and is fair with blue eyes. Jamie, of course is totally dark. It is neat to see that they have the same interests too (CARS). I certainly hope it develops into a lifelong friendship. I caught this snapshot of them at Gage's birthday party.

Matt's Dad and Tina gave Jamie his present a week early because they were going to be out of town. It was a little lawnmower and he LOVES it. As soon as Matt got the real one out, Jamie just HAD to get his out too.

Seriously, this brought tears to my eyes.

I LOVED having my girl, but I am experiencing all new types of fun with my little boy.

Here is what was waiting for Jamie the morning of his birthday. It almost killed him to wait until sissy got off from school for him to be able to open his presents.

I mean, just check out this cheeser!

He was thrilled to get this big "Car Mack" that holds 16 "Cars" cars.

On his real birthday, the four of us went to see "How to Train Your Dragon"...we ALL loved it! Here he is on the way back from the show!
























When I was geting them ready for bed, my kiddos got a little silly. I grabbed a quick shot.
























Jamie had kept saying that he wanted a "Ka-Chow" birthday..aka Disney's "Cars", but the party store was out of a lot of the "Cars" decorations, so he decided to go with "Hot Wheels". Turns out, Matt was more excited about the decor than Jamie was!
























A special surprise was that my Aunt Anita and Uncle Howard from Louisiana were able to attend the party. My Uncle Howard tried to get Jamie to pose...obviously he was not being too cool with it, this was the best wiggly picture I could get.
























He is also very interested in fighting paraphanalia...here he is with his Knight Costume.
























My parents gave him this really cool motorcycle, and all the other kids thought it was pretty cool too! Here is my friend, Beth's daughter, Harbor on the bike. Or "Hammer" as he calls her...lol.

He enjoyed opening his presents...

Here he is on the motorcycle.

Unfortunately, Sam's club did not have a "Hot Wheels" cake! So..we got him the "Ka-chow" cake. He was thrilled and could care less that things didn't match. So, I let it slide...especially since the cake was so darn cute.

I was busy at his family party, so I didn't get many pictures..but I had to get one of my cute niece Maddie and my sis-in-law Alex.

Gage came to the party and took up the medieval spirit too.

I decided to make it special for my little guy and get him a bouncy house, it was a huge hit...even with the big kids (my sister Sarah and her BFF Devyn). Here is "Auntie Devyn" with Jamie.





















Cute and happy Jamie.

The bounce house from a distance:

Here is the birthday boy blowing out his candles.

Hours before his normal bedtime, the little buggar was pooped. I finished the night off by staring at him, wondering where my little baby has gone.

























Jamie, my precious son. You make me so very happy. You are so sweet, so loving, so funny. I am thrilled when you announce that you are "Momma's Boy" and when you demand to sit by me when we go out to eat. You complete our family and I am so glad that you are a part of it. Happy Birthday!

























This week with all of his new toys has sure been a fun one! The genuine smiles captured in pictures throughout the post (like this one) have been truly priceless.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Ohh... he is turning into a handsome little man. I always love when the "make believe to be daddy" and copy them. So sweet. And no it isn't just you.... he is one handsome little devil.

Misty said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE that little boy! It looks like he had a great birthday, and I love all of the pictures of him -- what a personality! Your post made me tear up ... I'll be staring at my 3-year-old boys wondering where my babies went in just a few weeks! :(

Rachel said...

Such cute pictures! Love the ones of the little lawnmower. Priceless! I'm with you--where did our baby boys go???? :(