Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

**Sorry, for now, I don't have pictures on this post...it just takes me too darn long to upload them, so...they will be coming...stay tuned. If you can't wait, check out my pics on Facebook!!**

This Mothers Day, I wanted things to go a little bit differently. Instead of setting an expectation of being "Princess for a Day" like I have on my birthday, Valentines Day, etc. I decided to be a little more easy-going...

I got up earlier than usual, Matt likes that.
We went to see Matt's mom's grave. I can't believe it has been almost 3 years.
We went to the movies to see Iron Man 2, the movie that Jamie and Matt wanted to see. Actually I thought it was a good movie. Robert Downey Jr is kinda cute.
After the movie we stopped by a park, the kids LOVED that.
We went to my parents house for a BBQ, it was great to be with my sisters and parents and kids.

What a great day it ended up being!!! By trying to make the people around me happy, it made ME happier than I ever thought possible. Wow, what a lesson to learn! Happy Mothers Day to everyone out there, I hope you all had a great day too!

3 comments:

Misty said...

I'm glad you had such a great Mother's Day. Your pictures are all so cute! I love your insight on making everyone around you happy. Thanks for being such a great example to me! :)

Beth said...

Oh I am so glad you what you wanted.. happiness!
Love that!
I didn't know you went and saw Iron Man 2 .. Mickey Rourke looks creepy scary! Want to see it

Happy Mother's Day my bfffe! I love you !

Christy said...

Happy Belated Mom's Day to a great one! Thanks for the insight and reminder that being a mom is pretty darn good.