Monday, August 31, 2009

Ryan Call

If you remember a couple of posts ago, I mentioned that I have a HUGE family with a TON of cousins, most of them living far away....I said MOST. Growing up I had only one set of relatives that were less than 45 minutes away, they were actually around the corner in Sandy! It was my dad's sister Jeanette and her two boys, Ryan and Robert. I saw them probably more than I saw anyone else. I have so many memories of hanging out with them, they were like the little brothers I never had. We had many sleepovers and boy we had so much fun together! I also remember our many family parties when the entire family from Brigham and Clearfield and SLC would unite. The whole gang of us cousins around the same age would hang out . It was Me, Chris, Cammie, Patrice, Natalie, Jessica, Stephanie, Ryan and Robert. Some of the best times as a kid was hanging out with my family, especially my cousins...true friends that love you no matter what!!! Well, I am sad to report that I lost one of my cousins, Ryan Call on Thursday. His viewing was Monday night and his funeral will be Tuesday. I am still in shock that he is gone. Regarding my family, EITHER side, he is the first one that I have lost. I'd like to think that he is getting the party started up there for us all. For now, I am remembering his smile and his big bear hugs. My thoughts are with his brother Robert and my Aunt Jeanette, I couldn't imagine being in their shoes...and they are both being SOO strong right now. Well, I guess this post is a little long...so I will end with his obituary as well as a picture of Ryan and Cammie that my cousin Amy took during her recent visit. (sniffle, sniffle):

Richard Call "Ryan" Richard "Ryan" Call, 28, was born on June 3, 1981 in Salt Lake City passed away August 27, 2009.Ryan was raised and educated in Sandy, Utah. He loved playing football and baseball in his youth and was an avid Utah Jazz and Denver Broncos fan. Family was very important to Ryan and his most treasured times were spent surrounded by his family and friends. He had a special relationship with his brother Robert and his mother and best friend Jeanette. Ryan leaves behind a host of family and friends which include: father, Richard (Joni) Call; mother, Jeanette (Ross) Gravette; brothers, Robert (Carli) Call and Ryan (Amanda) Gravette; sister, Aletha (Dan) Drenth; grandparents, Johnnie and Mary Lovato, Charlie and Martha Black, Bob and Helen Gravette, and many loving aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, friends and beloved pet. Memorial services will be held at The Adventure Foursquare Church, 352 West 12300 South, Draper, Utah, on Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 1:00 p.m.

6 comments:

Nicki said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish I was there to give you a hug! love you!

Misty said...

I'm so sorry, Rachel! I love how 'close' your family is, even though you're all spread out. Hopefully that closeness will help everyone get through this tough time. Love ya!

Tammy said...

Rach..I am so sorry for your loss! I am very close to my cousins as well and couldn't imagine something happen to one of them! Sending you lots of hugs!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Sorry for your loss and hope that your doing ok. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Natalie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. Its a small world cause I actually knew Ryan back in the day, We went to middle school together-- I am so sorry to hear about that know that you and your family are in our prayers.

Bree said...

Rach I am so sorry to read this! We are thinking about you and your family ~ Please let us know if you need anything.