Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lauren's First Day of School

Today was Lauren's first day of Kindergarten! She was so excited this morning..look at her..all smiles! I am so proud of her, she woke up via her own alarm, got herself dressed and fed and ready to go! I can't believe how big she is! This is me at her age...think we look alike?
She was a great poser for some obligitory first day pics:
Her Grandma Tina bought her a new outfit for her first day! Pink, OF COURSE!
Curls and Smiles for Day Number One, in front of the fireplace:
Is it time to go, YET? Oh, I just think she is SOOO cute!
Jamie and Lauren "monkeying around" before we head out:
They really do love each other!
In the car, ALL SMILES! You can see our house in the background!
Jamie came along happily for the drive!
Lauren's School...Valley Crest! West Valley PRIDE!
All lined up, ready to go. Here is where the tears came, ALL mine of course!
It will just be me and the little guy in the mornings now, what shall we do? Today, I just kissed and hugged him a lot..and we watched "Cars"!
Matt held me and told me that I would be fine, that she would be fine. I know that she will love school....but I can't help but remember and wonder:
Where did this baby go? I am not sure, but I am sure that this little princess will go far! I Love you so much Lauren! I am so proud of you, and I look forward to your many adventures! Congratulations on the start of your new journey, our new journey!

5 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

Cute pictures! I bet she will have lots of fun!

Misty said...

Rachel, you ROCKED this post! It made me cry -- and I'm not even the one sending my baby to school! She is adorable, and Jamie is going to have so much fun being the only one home in the mornings. (Cars is a major favorite at our house, good choice!) I love that her backpack is almost bigger than she is! Good luck on your adventure! :)

Christy said...

She is too cute (just like her mama)! She will LOVE school. (And make all sorts of amazing friends.) You will love her coming home and telling you ALL about it. Well.... that is ALWAYS my favorite part.

Beth said...

I told you yesterday, I love her outfit! She will love school!
Jamie looks so happy!

Jenny Garlock said...

So, cute! They grow so fast!