Sunday, August 9, 2009

Introducing.....OREO!

Meet the newest member of our family. Oreo the cat! On Friday, August 7th Matt and I and the kids were sitting on our porch after a nice dinner out, when suddenly we heard meowing. Then from around the corner comes this little cat..not quite a kitten, a teenager I think. She was sweet and friendly and not afraid of people at all. We don't have many neighbors, but we checked with all those around us..but to no avail. No one knew this cat!! Since then, Lauren has fallen head over heels for this little ball of fur! She quickly named her OREO since she is black and white. The only problem is, Matt and I are both extremely allergic, so having this little girl around has not been the easiest! But we just can't break our little girls heart!She is the craziest sleeper I've ever seen! Here is one of her many poses:
Now we have 2 pets! I had taken Pepper to get groomed earlier that day, I love her shaved look:
While playing with the kitty, Matt and the kids did some playing of their own. Our sweet boy gives the BEST kisses:
Dad is a fun ride!What a good sport Matt is!
Jamie doesn't know quite what to do with a CAT!
Jamie loves his cars, and I think in this photo, he looks just like my older brother, John:
Lauren and Oreo have been inseparable! What a big week for my big girl. First, starting Kindergarten and now a cat! Oh boy! What will next week bring?
And here is a sight, I thought I'd NEVER see! Matt sleeping with a cat! He never thought he could have a cat because his allergies...but we are going to give it a shot!
I had a cat for 15 years...but have had bad reactions to most cats ever since. But Matt has never had a cat, so he was making me laugh. The first night he asked me "what is that noise?" I told him it was the cat purring, he said it sounded like a little engine. I told him that is what purring sounds like! Then the first night she tried to sleep in our bed and I warned Matt that some cats like to sleep by their owner's heads...then later he woke up in the middle of night screaming "I don't want the cat to eat my eyeballs!" She was getting a little too close for comfort, so we have since purchased a bed and large cage to avoid any face-sleeping or (he he he) eye-ball-eating! All in all, she is a very sweet and easy cat...who was quickly litter box trained. Best of all, Ms. Oreo has kept Lauren entertained which has kept Jamie on good behavior as well. I just keep asking myself "what have we gotten ourselves into?". Oh boy!

2 comments:

Misty said...

This post made me miss my Pia so much!Cats are so much fun--and little Oreo is so cute! Hope your allergies stay at bay!

(And I love the pic of Matt giving Lauren & Jamie a 'ride' -- he's such a good Daddy!)

Beth said...

Oh boy! You have got your self into trouble! Lars looks so happy! I cannot believe Matt falls alseep sitting up and with a cat between his arms.. LOL