Sunday, August 16, 2009

Missing Amy!

Well, if you didn't know it...I come from a large extended family. My mom is one of nine and my dad is one of seven, so I have a TON of cousins. Unfortunately.... most of them live FAR away. I don't get to see them nearly as much as I would like. One of those cousins, is my cousin Amy. She is my dad's sister, Shirley's oldest daughter. I can't even remember the last time she visited...it has been that long!! But that is what I love about family, when she came to visit at the end of July, it was as if no time had passed! We had a whirl-wind adventure and we had a blast! It was also great that she had a daughter that is close to Lauren in age! She and Clara quickly became best little buds!
On their first day, we took them to Lagoon. It was Clara's first time riding rides!
Amy, her husband Chad, and Clara from the Sky Ride:
Lauren, with a nervous smile as I took her pic on the ride:
Clara's favorite ride, Skalliwags:
Personally, I think they had the best time playing in the fountains:
They were both SOAKING wet!
Amy and I cooled off with a frozen lemonade instead, yummy!
The girls also loved their Dippin' Dots:
We ended the night at Cafe Rio. I knew they had to try it! (sorry no pics). The next morning we had coffee and doughnuts and fruit and later on we headed to Liberty Park, since they loved the fountains so much, I thought this would be the perfect place. Here is Jamie and Clara checking out the slide:
Me and Amy! Awwwww! She is such an amazing person! So glad that she is my cousin!
And the best buddies...Lauren had SOOO much fun with Clara!
Chad (blue shirt, blue hat) got in the action in the fountains too!
One more shot of the girls: Cheesers!
The Eichers family! We had so much fun! Please come to visit again soon! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Oh I love friends/family like that. They definitely are priceless treasures.... and I am glad that you have one. Thanks for sharing your sweet post!