Saturday, August 23, 2008

The computer is down, I repeat the computer is down!

After almost 10 years of faithful service, our computer "Dell" has died. On Thursday August 15th it totally crashed. We lost all of our Office files including ALL of our digital pictures, and our "Money" files. Matt and I were both nearly in tears! Matt has ordered a few parts and we are hoping to get it back up and going again. Until then, you will have to deal with my "pictureless" blogs. Don't worry, I have been taking pictures! I just can't upload them yet. Okay, that was the bad news....the exciting news is our new house! The downstairs plumbing was done on 8/19/08. The garage and basement floors were cemented on 8/20/08. They started framing the house on 8/22/08! They are really flying! They have already started 3 other houses in our circle since ours began on 8/5/08.

In other news...I spent Friday at the zoo with my two kids, my two sister-in-laws (Kristen and Alex), my niece Isabella, and Alex's mom. It was a lot of fun and perfect weather for the outing. I am so lucky to have sister-in-laws that are friends as well. My favorite parts of the trip was watching Jamie mimic the giraffe's chomping and Lauren waving to me from the carousel. I love being a mom!

Diet update...I lost 2 pounds my first week. It is a start! I have made a few changes like: making sure I eat breakfast, eating as many fruits and vegies and I can, drinking lots of water (with only one diet drink per day), ALWAYS taking the stairs at work, and I did a 20 minute workout at least 5 times per week.

2 comments:

Misty said...

I am SO sorry about your computer! You've just inspired me to move "save my pictures to a disk" to the VERY top of my to-do list! How sad!!! Great news about your house, though! Do you have an approximate date of when you'll be in? I'll bet the zoo was a blast -- my boys loved it when we went this summer! :) And great job on the diet, too! Progress is progress...keep it up! :)

Mom of three ♥ said...

Sorry to hear about the computer. Thats fun to hear more about you house. Where is your house located?