Monday, May 28, 2012

Post 19

Post 19: A Favorite Quote.

Well...I have a few.

When times are tough...I used to repeat to myself "If it were easy, then everyone would do it".  It is super simple but it really helped me.  At work I will often say "It is better than a kick in the pants"...especially when someone is whining about winning a lame prize or a small amount of incentive.  I also can be heard saying "If you've always do what you've always done-you'll always get what you always got".  Posted on my computer is "Just do it, Dummy"...as a reminder NOT to procrasitnate to myself.  Also Matt's advice "Just do your best".

My mom had a few good ones she repeated to me many a time.  "You have to suffer to be beautiful" and "Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone".  So true momma.

I have a few that I found recently that I really like and that really hit me.  (Regarding change) "And the day came when the risk it took to  remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."-Anais Nin  ALSO "The chief cause for failure and unhappiness is because we sacrifice what we want most for what we want at the moment." (another procrastination reminder)  AND "When you are going through difficulty and wonder where God is...remember the teacher is always quiet during the test".

I love quotes, and analogies and stories that teach a lesson.  I can't pick a favorite.


1 comment:

Misty said...

I love quotes too. And I need the motivation not to procrastinate all the time! The sign above my washer says Why Not Now? Because I'm always putting the laundry off. Hee hee...