Monday, June 7, 2010

An Oldie but Goodie


My mom put this picture on Facebook, so I thought I would share (for anyone that missed it). This is a picture of (from left to right)...my sister Ashley, my niece Alysia-whom I STILL affectionately call Poopie, and my youngest sister Sarah.

I am a lot older than my sisters, 9 years older than Ashley and 12 years older than Sarah. As a kid, I felt more like a second mom than a sister. Although I used to be so upset about having "baby" sisters. I whined about having to babysit them so much, and about taking them to the park, reading to them and having them always wanting to be with me...in retrospect, the time that I got to spend with them has been priceless to me. I got to watch them grow up and become the beautiful women they now are. Ashley is about to be a mom and it will be great to be able to share "mom" moments and experiences with her. Sarah works with me at Discover for the past two years, so it is great to also have so much in common with her and to see her so often. PLUS one of the great things about having younger sisters is that they help keep me a little bit more in touch with fashion and other popular trends. I really enjoy the moments we spend together, our sister sleep-overs and movie nights and all of our family events. It is nice to have sisters who are truly my best friends, who know me SOO well, who know all the people that I love (my extended family), who love my kids almost as much as I do, and who would do almost anything for me. Well, enough mush...this picture just reminds me of all that we have been through, I would have to guess that this picture is at least 16 years old. It also seems to me like Lauren looks a lot like Ashley, and Jamie looks a lot like Sarah*. What do you think? Do you see that resemblence?

*Okay and how can I not mention cute Sarah in this picture with her naturally curly crazy hair!! I miss that frizzy mess, it was so adorable.

(PS... I LOVE you so much Ashley and Sarah..you are the best)

3 comments:

Misty said...

Cute! I love that you have this relationship with your sisters, a lot of people aren't so lucky.

And yes, I totally see the resemblance, but I also think that Sarah looks an awful lot like you. Which must mean that Jamie looks like you, right? :)

Lamb Fam said...

Those are the girlies that I remember! How adorable!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Great picture! I really thought that same thing about your kids looking like your sisters when I saw it too!