Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Kristen's Shower

I thought that I better hurry and post these pictures of Kristen's baby shower, before the baby ACTUALLY gets here. Kristen is Matt's sister, and I just adore her! I have known her for 15 years now, so I guess I have watched her grow from a little girl to a wife and now a soon to be mom. She is one of the most self-disciplined, smart, (skinny), non-dramatic, sweet, responsible and beautiful people that I know. We get along very well, always have AND to top it all off, she works with me at Discover Card and has for the past 5 years, so I get to see her often. I couldn't ask for a better sister and friend for my hubby and me, we are all very lucky.

Anyway, I was thrilled to be able to help give her a baby shower. But honestly, Tina deserves most of the credit! Well, I was busy during most of the shower so I wasn't able to take many pictures...(my hats off to my friends Misty and Christy who are probably tsk tsking me as I speak as they ALWAYS have their cameras ready at all times). So I hope these few will do! Here are some of the few pics that I was able to snap during the shower, and a few after the shower.

Here is cute Kristen, opening her presents. Next to her is my other Sister-In-Law, Alex who also helped with the shower. I am sure lucky to have married into such a great family!!


This is Matt's Mom's Best Friend, Jewel. They were friends since they were little girls and throughout their adult years and Jewel even visited Suzanne at least once a week during the whole time she was sick and was there for Suzie right up to the end. She is such a kind, sweet, lady! She is the picture of what a best friend should be. Lauren just LOVES Miss Jewel!

Here is Kristen and Alex.

Here are us girls...Lauren, Me, Kristen and Tina.

After the shower, we hung outside for a while...Lauren found a bird's nest and quickly pointed it out to Pa Pa Leo.

Kristen and Tina:

Me and Kristen:

Awww...I love this picture...Leo, Kristen, and ADORABLE Lauren.

While we were outside, their backyard neighbor kept giving Leo fish for his pond, and then Leo let Lauren put it in the water, she thought she was so cool.

Here is Matt and Kristen (do you see the resemblance?) and sort of..my two kiddos.

Another shot of the siblings:

Kristen is due on June 14th which is right around the corner! I can not wait to meet Mr. Ethan David Boothe! I think Jamie is the MOST excited to FINALLY have another little boy to play with. It has been so much fun to watch Kristen's belly grow, and I am looking forward to watching her on this new journey of motherhood. Love ya Kristen Sue!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love baby bumps! Kristen is a cute pregnant chick!
Cute pics Miss Rachel, as always!
I love that outfit our your's!

Misty said...

Not a tsk escaped my mouth. ;) And holy cats, Rachel: YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!