Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ashley's Shower!

The month of June has been SOOO crazy! At work..with family stuff...and just..LIFE! It is great, but I just kinda want to be BORED for just a second. I have scheduled some time off of work at the end of July...maybe that will be the time to relax. For now, no such luck!

On June 19th we had a baby shower for my sister Ashley..and for my soon to be nephew..JONATHAN ZANDER CONTRATTO. I am 9 years older than my sister, and have for most of my life felt like a second mome more than a sister. BUT for the last few years we have become really good friends. Even though this pregancy wasn't exactly planned, I am excited that we will be mothers together. I sorta thought that on this side, my kids wouldn't have cousins their age..but YIPEE..Jamie will have a buddy on this side. We are all excited to see thier friendship!

Okay. My mom is just plain amazing. Everything she cooks is delicious, her planning is perfection and her hospitality is unmatched. She is my HERO! I am so thankful that she helped me with the cooking portion of the party!! She really thought of every detail. They brought so much stuff. The meat, the buns, a green salad, 2 pasta salads, chips, drinks, ice, coolers, the cake! WOAH! My other little sister Sarah helped with the party favors. They turned out super cute...they were little shoes made from a styrofoam cups. The cake (which I talked my mom into buying instead of making because she was doing so much) was DELICIOUS and pretty.

Here are my two cute sisters! I am so lucky to have them. OH..and I must mention...these pictures were all my moms as once again I was too busy to take pictures...DOH! I did have my camera in my pocket the whole time though..that is a step!

And just look at her pregnant belly! My pregnant belly was very lumpy..but hers is smooth and cute and round...and not any stretch marks yet!

This was my first time meeting Victor's mom...Victoria. And one of his many sisters, Emily.

Here is the mother of my niece...(I guess that is what you would call her). Kasey Beynon. She is just like family. We don't get to see her very often, so it was great to see her.

Here is my niece, Alysia (who I still call Poopie), and Ashley, and Alysia's girlfriend Katie.

Here are my cute grandparents...my dad's parents. We call them Pa-Pa and Ma Ma (pronounced Meh-Meh). Their first language is Spanish, so they speak English with a bit of an accent..it is so cute, I love it. They are SOO funny, always cracking jokes...one that still 10 years later always makes Matt smile.

Here is the dad-to-be, Victor and my niece Poopie.

I am glad my mom snapped a pic of me or you might not have believed I was there! I was thrilled to see my old neighbors come to the party. Here is my second mom, Stephanie...and one of my childhood best friends (we were stuck to each other like glue for the first 16 years of my life) Heather..and her FOURTH daughter.

My dad is one of SEVEN kids. He has 2 brothers and 4 sisters. Here is the baby of the family, Lorraine and her hubby, Uncle Ben.

Here is one of the other sisters, Jeanette and Lorraine too. Maybe I am biased, but I love my aunts, they are so cute and so sweet. This picture may not show it, but they are SOO short and petite. I am just over five foot three and I am like a giant on this side of the family.

Okay, this has to be one of my favorite pictures! My cute hubby, my cute dad, and my cute son..who recently created this big old cheeser picture face that he is sporting in this shot. What is up with that?

Matt's Dad and his wife Tina also came to the shower! Yipee! Matt was generous enough to go into work early so he could be off early so he could barbeque all day! I was glad that Leo was there to help keep Matt company during his hours of cooking! I was also excited to have Tina meet most of MY extended family for the first time.

Here is Poopie's little sister, Abbie. Lauren and her hit it off and became best friends. Abbie was a sweet, polite, well-behaved little girl. Lauren afterwards informed me that they are SOO much alike because #1 they are both six years old and #2 they both HATE Dora. Great, they had discussions on all that is important. LOL.

Here are the parents-to-be opening presents. They got so much awesome and much needed stuff.

Here is the fun memory game that we played.

Here is a shot of the guests in my house. In the middle of the picture is one of my cousins, Patrice. She and I are the closest in age (1 year apart) and she was the cousin I hung out with most often during all family parties. She is very close to my grandparents and tshe sees them often, so I am grateful for that. They live in Clearfield so I don't get to see them as much as I would like.

Here is Sarah and her boyfriend Collin...in thier first picture together, awww.

Here is a shot of the gang..from left to right, my cute mom, my Aunt Lorraine, my cousin Melissa, Ashley, Kasey, my neice Poopie, my Dad, and my Grandma.

And here is the fearsome foursome...Collin, Victor, Ashley and Sarah.

All in all, I think it turned out well. Originally it was just going to be a girl thing, BUT...Ashley wanted the whole family to come and I sort of panicked...but I got excited because my dads family hadn't seen my house so it was great to show my house off. It was a lot of work to get the house cleaned...so I enlisted the help of one of my best friends, Beth, to come help me...I paid her for her time as I worked her like a dog...(oh yeah, I am big time now-paying someone to clean my house-booyah). I had a great time visiting with the guests. I am glad that I had so much help from my parents, from Matt, from Beth, even from the kiddos. It was a great time, but I was EXHAUSTED afterwards! Congrats Ashley! I can't wait to meet ZANDER!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Cute cute !
Wish I coulda been there to meet everyone!
Collin is sure cute!
Ash's belly is so so cute!
I am excited to meet the baby!