Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Patriot

I was sitting at work today when I got a mysterious call from the front desk telling me that the Department of Defense was there to see one of my employees. I got a little nervous as to what that meant, I was hoping he wasn't in any kind of trouble. A few minutes later, my employee, my boss, and a mysterious gentleman came to my desk to present me with an AWARD! Boy was I shocked! Turns out my employee, Brad, had nominated me for this award because I have been "supportive, encouraging, flexible and understanding" in dealing with him and him being an Iraqi Vet. I tried to tell them that I didn't think I had done anything special, they assured me that I had. Wow. This gentleman also told me that in addition to my cool "patriot" pin, I had won a special flight on a refueling mission, this "once in a lifetime" opportunity had my knees shaking just thinking about it...so we will see if I actually take him up on his offer.

Here are a few pics of the event...this was taken via camera phone from my Assistant-Coach, Emilyn...so I hope you can still get the idea.

Here is me and Brad. I have been his manager for almost a year now. He is a great asset to my team. I have watched him make big improvements over the year in nearly every single area. He ended number one in the department in January and he was even voted MVP by the team for February. He truly does care about helping others on the team to be more successful. I am lucky to have him on my team. I guess it is nice to know that he thinks I am doing a good job too. :)

Here is a picture of me, Brad, and the Department of Defense Dude, Ran (yup-Ran). (sorry we were looking at the camera Ran had brought for his newsletter.)

Here is a picture of the award. Pretty nifty, eh?

4 comments:

Misty said...

That's awesome! YOU are awesome! I think you are pretty much the best boss ever; glad someone else can recognize you for it! :)

Christy said...

That rocks! And I think you should take them up on the refueling mission.... you can throw up later.

Your certificate just confirms what we already knew... that you are pretty darn special and a great friend and a obviously a good leader.

Love you Rachel. You deserve it!

Rachel said...

What a cool award! Nice job! ( :

Beth said...

defense dude eh ? LOL

That's a cool award!