Saturday, March 27, 2010

My childhood second family

I grew up in West Jordan. I lived in the same house for the first 20 years of my life. I had a great childhood. There were lots of girls my age in my neighborhood, so I had lots of places to find friends. It was good times. My closest friend by far was the gal across the street, Heather Davis. Her family was like my second family. I had known her all my life, we had countless sleepovers, we danced together all our lives, even dated brothers for a very short time. We spent SOO much time together throughout all of our schooldays..I could go on with a million stories. Well, anyways.. her parents (Brent and Stephanie) are kind, supportive, easygoing, and loving. I always felt like one of theirs! I babysat the two youngest girls, Traci and Michelle. Trevor the one and only boy, was just like the younger brother I never had. Well, two weeks ago I was invited to Michelle's bridal shower. The little girl I babysat has now grown into a beautiful woman about to be married! I was so excited to go and see the Davis's again. Our house across the street was sold about 8 years ago, and although I see them every now and then, I don't see them as much as I would like to! This picture (sadly) is very blurry, but I wanted to try to show everyone how beautiful Michelle is. Here are the four of us..my mom, Michelle, Heather and Me.

Me and my two moms! My real mom, Anne and my second mom, Stephanie.

Me, my mom, Heather, and her newest 4 month old baby girl.

I am proud to still call the Davis family, my second family. Heather is now a wife (of the boy she waited for while on a mission, whom I consoled during) and a full-time working mother of four girls. Even though we were very different, we were the best of friends, and although we rarely see each other, I hope we are always friends.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Fun!

You make everyone you meet your best friend, it's seriously one of your many talents that I admire. :)

emily said...

I remember when your family lived across the street from her house back in our high school drill team days! memories!