Friday, November 27, 2009

Birthday Thanks!

Since my birthday fell on Thanksgiving, I thought it would be appropriate to name 32 (my age)things that I am thankful for.

First, I am thankful for everything that The Lord God has given us. For his unconditional love, forgiveness. Without Him, none of this list would exist. 2. My husband Matt is my life. He is my friend, my partner, my everything! I am so lucky to have found him. He makes me a better person. He is fun, he is handsome, he is a good listener. He loves me no matter what.
He is a great father. He is good at everything he does! He is amazing and I love him so much!
3. I am thankful for my daughter Lauren. She is my little buddy. She is smart, funny, articulate, sweet, cute, and fun-loving.
She is my perfect little angel!
4. I am thankful for my son Jamie.
Although at times he is a handful, other times he is affectionate, funny, attentive, and he LOVES to laugh. And he is so stinkin' cute!
5. I am thankful for my parents. They are the BEST. Can I say that they are perfect?! They always seem to know what to say, and what to do...when I was a kid and now! They are patient, loving, easy-going, supportive, and reliable. Now that I am a parent, I have a new appreciation of all that they have done for me over the years...and I never remember them complaining, or losing their patience! I wished that I could say the same for myself! They always seemed to sacrifice so much for us....even now! They are such wonderful grandparents! I think my kids would rather be with them than us!
Okay this should be #11 but, the pictures uploaded weird. SO...I am thankful for boating. I love going boating. It is great to have the wind blow my hair, breathe the clean air, it just always makes me feel alive.
6. I am thankful for my siblings...(and my niece). My brother John paved the way for me in almost everything I have done. He is smart, cool, and funny. My niece, Alysia is also very funny, sweet, and loving.
My sisters are also amazing to me. They are beautiful, fun, determined, stylish, and SKINNY! They are such good friends to me, and I am lucky to stay close to them no matter what. It is great to have people who can relate to you in so many ways. They are the best!
7. Okay, this is to represent my extended family. I have a HUGE family! I love having a big family, and I loved that when I got married I got an even bigger family. I have family in ten states, all across the country, and even outside of the USA. It would be great if they all lived here, but it makes the time that we do spend together, even more valuable. I am thankful for all my family for sure!
Another one out of order..lets call this #13....I love the color white. Especially a nice, clean white shirt!
#8. I am thankful for my nieces. Alysia (19) in the picture above with my brother. Also, Isabella (3) and Madeleine (8 months) BELOW. I love little girls and I am thankful to have so many in my life! I just found out today that I will become an aunt again in June of 2010. Matt's sister is going to have a baby and I am so excited!
9. No picture for this...but I am thankful for friends. For me, every person you are friends with, leave an impression on you forever. Friends mean so much to me, they are like family that you get to choose. It is nice to have someone that you can relax and laugh with, or someone to lean on, to cry to, to whine to. Right now, in particular..I am especially thankful for Heather Lyons and Beth Landgrebe. They are the girls I talk to nearly everyday...the ones I would be lost on a daily basis without.

10. I am thankful for my pets. My dog Pepper (14 years old) and our cat Oreo (almost a year). I think that pets make a home, a real home. Pepper is loyal and sweet and causes no trouble. Oreo is funny, playful, and causes a ton of trouble. I am also thankful that these two get along so well with each other...snuggling every night.
#12..I am very thankful for my health. I am also very thankful that my family and most of my friends are all in pretty good health. I think that it isn't something you appreciate until it is gone..and my recent scare with the kids and me being sick sure helped remind me to appreciate NOT being sick.

#14. I am thankful for the house that I live in. It is my dream house. I still can't believe it is mine!
#15...I am thankful for Discover Card. The job that I have had for 13 years now. They have taken care of us over the years. I also love that it is down the street from my house! I am also thankful for the actual Discover Card, I use it for everything and LOVE the Cashback bonus. He he he!

#16...I am thankful for Weight Watchers. The best diet out there in my opinion. I guess that I can finally brag and say that I have lost almost 20 pounds since 9/09/09 doing the Weight Watchers method.
#17. I am thankful for dancing. I think that I will always consider myself a "dancer". It is my passion in life. I love EVERYTHING about it, formal dancing, dancing in the car...watching dancing, coaching dancers, or even seeing my daughter grow in it. In my life it has brought me self-confidence, many friends and lots of experiences. If I could be doing anything I wanted as a career, it would revolve in some way around dancing...if only.....
18. I love SOCKS! I hate sandals and can't wait to change into socks when I do wear them. I also MUST sleep in socks. I have socks on constantly. I also love funky socks and oh, socks that match my outfit make my day!
#19...I also can not live without my neck pillow. It may sound crazy and I have no idea why..but in order for me to sleep, I have to have something nuzzled under my chin. The neck pillow works perfectly. The one pictured below is in much better shape than the one I use. Poor Matt must deal with the rag of a neck pillow that I have to drag everywhere with me.
20. I also can not live without my reality shows! I must watch nearly every single reality show there is. There are a few that I have seen every single episode of every single season..like So You Think You Can Dance, Dancing With the Stars, America's Next Top Model, The Real World, America's Best Dance Crew. Matt and I also LOVE Big Brother, Amazing Race, The Mole. I could just go on and on....

21...I am very thankful for contact lenses. I HATE wearing my glasses and I am so thankful for this wonderful invention that helps me see and feel like a normal person.
22. I love where I live. I am thankful that I live in Utah. I love the weather here, the opportunities, the conservative place that it is. It will always be home.
23..I am thankful for Sushi. I am thankful that I gave it a couple of chances..because now it is my favorite. MMMMM....and my favorite place to eat..Teppanyaki...I am thankful for that place and for the one day a year I get to go there...usually my birthday.
24. I am thankful for SOFTLIPS. This is the best chapstick ever. I put some on every night before bed. Ahhh..menthol.
25. I am a very sentimenal person, so I am thankful ever so much for the invention of pictures. I love to remember the past and all the memories. I am thankful that I have been the owner of a digital camera for a year now. I love my Nikkon COOLPIX that I won at work. Go me!

26...I am thankful for Diet Dr. Pepper. Especially in the bottle. I look forward to my one daily treat with much anticipation! All this goodness and NO calories. THANK YOU!

27. Okay, I am also thankful for junk-food. Being on a diet, you always tend to have a love/hate relationship with junk-food. At least with Weight Watchers, you can have a LITTLE of the bad stuff. My favorites are those Reeses Eggs or the Trees or the Hearts, whatever season it is, I just love them so much more than the regular cups. I could go on about other goodies, but I will stop there before I cheat! But oh how sugar makes me happy...much thanks for that!

28. I am thankful for hobbies, things that keep me busy and out of trouble. I also am thankful for the little bit of money I make with my hobbies. I love beading....and...
....I love Scentsy. I love smells and it is so much fun to get to experience all the samples, it never gets old to me! 29. I am thankful for tweezers, without which I would surely have a uni-brow.

30. I am also thankful for nail-files, without which I would have annoyed sharp points on my nails.

31. I am thankful for my cell phone. My trusty, reliable RAZR! I started texting about a year ago. I now think I can text at a normal speed. I love that texting helps you communicate much quicker. It helps you keep in touch a lot easier too. It is very entertaining. Aren't cell-phones cool?? Much thanks!
#32 Last but not least...I am thankful for my Laptop computer. Matt bought me this baby for our anniversary. I love that it helps me blog, check my e-mail, stay connected to friends and family on Facebook. It helps me keep in touch with you! I am thankful for you! I am thankful for comments, so please leave one!


There is a saying that goes "There is always, always, always something to be thankful for." I love that saying. There is certainly a lot to be thankful for!

3 comments:

Misty said...

Oh, I'm so glad you did a list! And you did awesome! I love how you listed why you're thankful for the them. :)

By the way, I'm thankful for YOU! Happy Birthday! :)

Love ya!

Rachel said...

This was so fun to read! We have so much in common. I LOVE WW too! I lost 50 lbs and I agree it is the BEST! I had to laugh at the white shirt thing--Shannon LOVES white and I always tease her that everything she buys is white! (:

Kelly Lim said...

I hope you had a very Happy Birthday!!!