Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Card Photos

Every year for my birthday, we get our pictures taken at Kiddie Kandids. This year, with my birthday being on Thanksgiving. We went the day before my birthday. While this used to be a fun event that I would look forward to, I have come to dread it because of one word: Jamie. This year, he was no different. What could have been a simple thirty minute session became a dreadful three hour ordeal. I have no idea why he hates pictures so bad! I am so surprised that we got any decent shots. I don't exactly LOVE these pics, BUT they were the best we were gonna get. The ladies at Kiddie Kandids were sooo patient. Despite ALL the crying...Jamie during the session and me at the end. Here are the shots we ended up with.
I am impressed that his face is not red or tear-stained, I guess that his expression tells it all!
During his tantrum, Matt and I decided to get a shot of the two of us, since there was space on our session. We haven't had a professional shot of us in 6 years, so I guess this was a nice surprise.
Since Lauren looked so cute and was behaving so well, I decided to get a shot of her too. Sorry these pictures are so grainy, I had to have my mom scan these because there is no longer a way to download them off of Kiddie Kandid's website. Even through it is blurry, I still think my little girl is adorable and sweet looking. I can't explain how much I LOVE her!!!
So, those will be some of the photos we will be sending out this year. Only those of you blog readers will know the high price at which they came. Up next on my to-do list, another Jamie un-favorite...SHOPPING. Oh boy! Merry Christmas to all, anyway!

5 comments:

Misty said...

You guys always look great - even if Jamie's not grinning like we all know he can. I love your hair!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Those turned out cute! We had the same issues with both my kids this year. They have never been the most interested in getting pictures done, but they always give us a smile or two and this year Sawyer was the only one that gave us a smile and in only one picture. Sadie cried almost the hole time, so that was great fun. I think maybe it was just because it was cold outside, but it was not a fun photo session this year.

Isn't it a bummer that you can't copy from the Kiddie Kandid site anymore, so dumb! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

erin louise said...

you guys look great....Rachel you look amazing by the way!

Lamb Fam said...

My hat goes off to you for doing family pictures on your bday every year. I HATE doing family pics and that would def ruin my bday. Too much stress! Anyway, you look great Rach! I saw on your last post that you've lost weight and you can totally tell. Good job!
...and your pics did turn out cute.

Beth said...

Love them! Told you that already! Love that you all dress up, wish I could get Josh to dress up! I love the pic of you and Matt, he is handsome!