Tuesday, November 17, 2009

So YOU think YOU can DaNcE!

If you know me at all, you know that dancing is my passion. I love EVERYTHING about dancing, I danced almost my entire life, I was on my high school drill team, I danced for the University of Utah's dance team, and I coached a high school team for two years. I even took an adult jazz class for a few years, until Jamie was born. Well, my dream was to become a High School teacher and to coach a Drill Team. So, things didn't go EXACTLY as planned...so now I sort of live vicariously through Lauren's dancing AND ALL of the dance shows on TV. This summer was HEAVENLY with three dance shows on. My most favorite by far is "So You Think You Can Dance"! I have watched faithfully since season one! I have seen each dance like 20 times each! Last year and this year some friends and I went to the concert when they came to town. It was sooo much fun! I really loved Season 5 and enjoyed seeing the dancers and dances LIVE. One of my favorites this year was Kayla (below): I also ADORED Brandon! He is SOO talented!
Randi, who is from Utah, was also an early favorite of mine!
My friend Shannon, was in LOVE with Kupono! Check out her cheeser just LOOKING at him! She didn't even know I was taking her picture...he he he!
The entire Season 5 Crew! It was such a great show!
So, I bought these tickets THE SECOND they became available back in July! When it came time for the actual show, it had been a hectic week! The kids had been in the hospital that week and then I was sooo sick that weekend. I was worried I might not make the show! I was grateful that my parents watched the kids for us so that I could go out to dinner with Matt and my girlfriends; Heather, Darla, Lindsay and Shannon. It felt good to actually do my hair and makeup after such a stressful, crazy week. I was not back up to speed for another week AFTER this. I guess this was the first step in my recovery! I wish that I coulda got a picture of the gang, I always forget to take pictures...grrr.
Well, I did manage to take a few. Here is a pic of my best friend Heather and me. She is such an amazing person. She is always there for me, no matter what! I can tell her anything and everything. I don't know what I would do without her! It is GREAT that she loves reality shows as much as I do..he he he!
I also got a pic of Matt and I. He was such a trooper! He put up with us four silly girls for a night, even riding in the trunk on the way there and back! Although he doesn't share my passion for dancing, I think that he was amazed by the talents of the dancers. I think his favorites were Ade and Jeanine. Thanks Matt for being supportive of all of my hobbies and interests. Love you babe!

3 comments:

Misty said...

Have you ever read someone's blog post, thought you commented on it, and then go back later to realize that you really didn't? That's what I did with this post. Oopsie.

I don't watch SYTYCD, but I love that you do. And even more, I love that you went to the show. And even more than that, I love that Matt went with you! It looks like you all had a blast! :)

Rachel said...

hahaha! That picture is SO Shannon! ( : She is totally obsessed with SYTYCD and that picture proves it. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am definitely delighted to discover this. great job!