Saturday, March 29, 2014

Awesomeness 41-50

Halfway done with this challenge.  Catching up!  

Day 41. Sunday March 2 we celebrated Lauren's birthday with the family.  We went out for lunch at Red Lobster..then we had cake and ice-cream back at our house.  I always love getting together with our big old combined family.  Here is my little family. 

Day 42.  I couldn't resist posting this picture of my little boy.  I love that sometimes he will say "Mom, take my picture".  When he looks this cute, who could resist?
Day 43. Tuesday March 4th, 2014.  My last Diet Dr. Pepper...at least until Lent is over.  I wanted to make it challenging for myself this year.  So I gave up..all soda pop, candy/cookies/cake, and elevators.  I wanted to limit breads, coffee/tea, Facebook/games and weighing myself.  I wanted to add 4 random acts of kindness, 10 rosaries, reading the bible with the kids, and being a better wife.  Whew.  So far, so good.  BUT still looking forward to Easter and to having an ice cold DDP!
Day 44.  Wednesday March 5th.  Matt left for Chicago that Monday...so I took the kids to Ash Wednesday mass by myself.  I am slightly clausterphobic and at our church..holidays and special events like this are SUPER packed and I usually avoid it.  I do think it was good for the kids to experience it.  I told Jamie to not wipe his ashes off, but he came straight home and washed them off!  What a stinker.  So..here is JUST Lauren and I with our ashes on. 
 Day 45.  With Matt being out of town, the week felt SUPER long.  I took one day of PTO to come in 2 hours late for 3 days...but the days felt just as long..and I was more tired than usual, despite going in later.  I posted this pic because I couldn't get that dang song that Lauren loves out of my head... "I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world".....

Day 46. Friday March 7th.  This day would have been Suzanne's 60th birthday.  I miss her so much and think of her everyday.  I would love to spend just one afternoon hearing her opinions on everything that has happened since she has been gone.  I still remember her beautiful blonde hair...and how much she loved Lauren.

Day 47.  I came home from work on Friday, and my husband surprised me with this Blu Ray of Catching Fire.  He said "to thank you for taking care of everything while I was gone"...how sweet is that? I love everything Hunger Games..the books, the movies, the soundtracks.  I totally geek out about it.  Sigh.

Day 48.  Sunday March 9th.  Jamie has had a raspy voice on and off for the last couple of months.  This past week he had complained here and there about his throat being sore.  I kept taking his temperature and he hadn't been running a fever, on our way out the door for church, I took his temperature and boom, he was running a fever.  SO...instead of church, we all headed to Instacare.  He was positive for Strep!!  Lauren tested negative.  We came home and snuggled on the couch and watched Freebirds.  It seems we have less and less snuggle time...so I enjoyed this time with my boy.

Day 49.  This week I bought my Divergent premiere tickets.  I also purchased the soundtrack.  Love it, love it.  One more thing my bestie and I have in common...the love for books and totally nerding out over them.

Day 50.  We are in the process of getting the kids' rooms in order.  The #1 problem is that they have TOO much stuff in a tiny space.  We bought this bookshelf from Ikea to bring the books that were crowding up Lauren's room into the loft.  For her birthday, we bought her two new dressers.  It is still a work in progress, but we are getting there.  One step at a time.

Keep on being awesome.

No comments: