Thursday, June 16, 2011

For Now

At the moment I am a bit speechless. Pepper, my dog of nearly 16 years passed away on Wednesday. I feel like a part of me is gone. I want to have a full post dedicated to her, so that will be COMING. I just wanted to write a quick note to let everyone know how much I appreciate all the kind words, kind thoughts, and kind deeds. My friend Misty sent me these flowers. She is such a special friend to me and she may never know how much she means to me. My friend Heather gave me a card as well, she always knows what to say to me. I wanted to thank Matt for being there to support me when I was strong and weak at the same time. I want to thank my mom and dad and sisters for watching my kids so that I could have the last few minutes alone. I thank them also for feeling the pain with me, for crying with me, and listening to me. Sometimes it takes losing something to show you how much you really have.



3 comments:

Kelly Lim said...

I am so sorry Rach, I truly do understand how much you're hurting. Animals become a big part of your family, they love unconditionally and they are your most loyal friends. It nearly killed me when we lost Teeka after 17 years and the thought of loosing my cats that I have now is unbearable. Be strong and remember all of the good times you had together!

Cathy said...

Rachel-
I am so sorry!! Some people don't understand, but for those of us who view our pets as very loved family members, it is so hard to say goodbye. It just plain stinks!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Sorry to hear this! I don't have any pets, but I know how special and a part of people lives they become! Hope your doing okay!