Thursday, February 17, 2011

Otmel

My last few posts were on Lauren's creative spelling. I thought I would share proof of how darn cute it is! She is a very independent girl and gets herself breakfast daily, she asked me to give her instructions verbally on how to make oatmeal in the morning. She wrote them down with her own spelling. Here are the steps:

1-Put water in bowl
2-Put in microwave
3-Cook 40 seconds
4-Pour Mix
5-Eat
I love the "poor mix"...it must know that it is about to be eaten. By the way, she added #5 to the list herself. She must have had to remind herself what to do with the yummy breakfast once it had been "coced" LOL.
It melts my heart. She has become such a good little reader and it just charms the socks off of me to see her spelling things out, writing notes and such. I compare it to seeing your baby smile for the first time. I love the next level of communication that she has now. I love writing and hiding notes for her and she has even left me a few. She is such a sweetie.

3 comments:

Misty said...

Keep posting these babies, they totally make me happy! That's a girl after my own heart -- my daily to do list always includes 'eat breakfast' and 'eat lunch'. She already knows the value of writing things down just to feel the satisfaction of checking them off! :)

By the way, my favorite is #2 - wartr in bull. I don't know what kind of dishes you use, but us Payson folk know that bulls are grumpy and mean, not interested in otmel. :) Love her!

Beth said...

Love how eat is the last step lol

Rachel said...

I am with you--seeing Anistyn writing everything melts my heart! Cutest thing ever!!!