Thursday, February 24, 2011

A day in the life

Alarm goes off at 4:30 a.m. Snooze one too many times. Hop in the hot shower. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree mmmm. Oreo keeps me company with her purring. Kiss the hubby goodbye-he barely stirs. Pack my lunch-fruits and veggies. Try to get out the door at 5:40am. Love my 5 minute drive to work. Busy at work all day long, the day flies by. Eat lunch at my desk, love my afternoon Diet Dr. Pepper. Meetings in the afternoon, I HATE them-so more productive things I COULD be doing. Rush to get a few things done. To-Do List never finished. 345pm..I've stayed WAY too late. Drive my 5 minutes to get Lauren. Visit with the Middletons-so blessed to have them in our lives, "thanks for getting Lauren-see you tomorrow". Spelling test and reading on our drive out-nothing like multi-tasking. This is our mother/daughter time! Traffic on the way to moms. Jamie always so happy to see us. Mom offers for us to stay for dinner-ALWAYS yummy. Dad and Jamie snuggle watching Starship Troopers-what a crazy movie for a 3 year old to love. Takes forever to get out the door-kids don't want to leave. So many excuses and suddenly no one can put on their own shoes. Finally in the car OH NO-Jamie fell asleep. Lauren gets the mail-box 11. Get all the CRAP back in the house in 3 trips. Hurry and bathe the kids. More water OUT of the tub than in the tub. Homework with Lauren-she is so much smarter than I was. 20 minutes of reading-she is getting better every day. Try to push at least ONE load of laundry-so Sunday isn't so bad. A couple minutes of kiddie snuggle then the fight for bedtime. Matt comes home-everyone is excited. One round of "hide and seek"-Matt is the champ. Continue the fight for bedtime. They SOO drag their feet. I don't mind the 20ish "one more tiss" from Jamie, I must admit. My eyes are heavy-how in the world is it 11? Make sure laundry at least in the dryer. Clothes laid out for the next day, make sure all is calm. Asleep by midnight.

Do it all over the next day.

Now, just why am I tired all the time?

4 comments:

Christy said...

Gee.... I don't know? Maybe because you are SUPERWOMAN! Motherhood is groundhogs day with lots of love and cute little angel faces to make it all the better. You're awesome!

Misty said...

Just reading this makes me tired. The thing I like best about it is how you still take time to cuddle and play with the kiddos. Your family crams as much love into the little time you have, and that's a huge example for me. You are uh-maze-ing! :)

Lamb Fam said...

I am dying that you only get 4 1/2 hours of sleep -that is nothing!
I'm a little tired just reading about your day.

Rachel said...

I'm no genious, but I'm guessing the 4 1/2 hours of sleep isn't enough.(: You are one busy girl! But you are such a good mom and wife!