Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Just ONE of my heros

If you know me, you know that I LOVE reality TV. One of my favorite shows is on the Style network. It is called Giuliana and Bill. I watched the first season of "The Apprentice" so I knew who Bill was...but I didn't know much about Giuliana until this show. Let me just say that she is one of my heros. I just ADORE her. Not only is she tall, beautiful, skinny, with a great fashion sense-she is smart, funny, humble and family-oriented. I love that she is so quick-witted, I wish I could be as funny as her. I love that she seems to let so much just roll off her back, she rolls with the punches. I love how OPEN and HONEST she is, without being hurtful or rude. I love that she is so determined in all that she does. PUT that all together and I especially LOVE how determined she was to get pregnant, how open she was to share it with the WORLD. Every week I watch the show and I laugh, I cry, I sigh at the love that she and Bill share. I have a good friend who is an IVF success story and I was there and watched her start the process, so watching Giuliana go through her journey with IVF just brings back those memories. Sadly, I saw, as the world did-her have a miscarriage and how heart wrenching it was for her. This week's episode showed her break the news of the miscarriage on her OWN E-News show. I admire her bravery to share her journey-including sessions with her therapist. So many people have fertility problems and feel that they are alone and I love that she is out there putting a face on such a common problem. She also decided on this weeks episode to finally go through another round of IVF. I am so excited for them and I hope that they get their wish. I see how IVF has brought happiness to so many of my friends and I wish her the same happiness. I wish I could give her some encouraging words-I believe that things happen for a reason and I think that children would be such a change to her and Bill's lifestyle and I think that the struggle that she has had is just to prove to herself that she REALLY wants kids and that all the sacrifices were worth it. I believe that they are and that is a lesson to all of us.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Thanks for posting this -- I think I'm going to have to read up on her. With how common infertility is, I'm glad there's someone out there willing to address it.

Is this your ploy to get me sucked in to reality tv? ;)