Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Family's Favorite Christmas Song

This is for you Misty. This is my first attempt to try to upload something from youtube, if this doesn't work...search youtube for "Cheech and Chong Santa Claus and His Old Lady". I don't think there is an official video-just ones people have made TO the song...so don't judge the video-listen to the song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbw9-uq9sMU

A couple of things ABOUT this song.

1) I had never heard it until a few years ago I paid a girl on my team at work $5 to make me two Christmas CDs full of her favorite songs and snipits from movies. This song was on it and we have all loved it ever since.

2) I have always joked that my dad looks like a cross between Cheech and Chong, so I've always had sort of a fondness for them.

3) One of the lyrics is "The Vato with the boney knees" and hey, that is my name. The kids always get a kick out of that. Another great lyric is "Come on Beto", when Santa is calling out the names of the reindeer....Lauren always yells that line out.

4) I think the "Mexican" accent is so cute, my grandparents sort of talk like that, so I enjoy things like "Chews" for "Shoes" and "Hole" for "Hold" and "Fy" for "Five".

I hope you all enjoy it. Misty-this is my response to your "worst" list. Come on, it is such a happy subject how can any of it be bad LOL. Even the bad is good, although "Christmas Shoes" is a bit sad, I cried a little.

1 comment:

Misty said...

HA HA! Rachel, this is awesome. This wouldn't even come CLOSE to my 'worst list'! Maybe I'll have to make you a mix of my favorite Christmas Songs....I won't even charge you the 5 bucks. :)


(And in my head, I can totally see Lauren yelling "Come on, Beto!" HA!)