Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving/Birthday 2010

This year the kids started bugging me right after Halloween to put up CHRISTMAS decorations! Finally on November 21-I gave in! They viciously slashed through all of my Christmas decorations (notice the mess behind Jamie). BUT when they end up looking as cute as this-it is too hard to be angry.
This is our tree-skirt, which also makes a nice, um, shawl?

I am the WORST taking picture-remember-er! I did not take ANY pictures at Matt's dad's house! We had an excellent dinner there with her son Stephen and his boyfriend Collin AND Tina's niece Kristi. We went to my mom's later to hang out. Here are my two handsome boys.

Here is our little family after eating all of our food for the day.

Just the FOUR of us.
And my cute parents!
And my cute nephew Zander. He is GIANT. He is only 4 months old and is wearing Jamie's 2T jammies!!!
I have no pics of Sarah or Ashley! I was such a bad picture-taker! GRR!

November 26th was my birthday and my mom took the kids overnight so that Matt and I could go and spend some time together in Wendover. Here is Matt and I before heading out. Woo hoo!
Me and the two best kiddos ever on my special day.
Me and my gorgeous sister, Sarah. I just LOVE her!

And then..I took no pictures in Wendover. We had a BLAST. We drove around the pretty much empty town. We lost a lot of money. Ate some good food. Ran into random people (my first boss EVER at Discover Card-circa 15 years ago AND our neighbor kids-they are 8 and 10-WEIRD). We watched the Jazz BEAT the Lakers WOO HOO!! And we got lots of much needed sleep. The best part was being able to spend so much time with my hubby! I really enjoyed our 2 hour drives both ways. It was cool on the way home to see the mountains reflected in the water.
ALMOST home and we drive past a golf course and we see these three deer. Totally cool.
SO, on Sunday night we had invited my parents, Matt's parents, and our brothers and sisters to come over for dinner and cake to celebrate my birthday BUT it snowed SOOO freaking bad-we had to cancel so people wouldn't DIE on the roads on my account. We are re-scheduling for next Sunday-I hope it doesn't snow next week! I will do my best to take pictures at that event!
It was a great day! Thanks everyone for the many wishes!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yes I would agree you don't take enough pictures!
Happy Birthday my dear Rachel!
Love Ya!

Adam and Bri VanSleeuwen said...

Don't you just love all the help we get when decorating for Christmas! Glad you had a good Birthday. I definately relate with you about the pics, I forget all the time too, oh well at least we remember some of the time!