Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I am not saying that because of the snow....because actually it hasn't really been snowing here. I've been hearing stories about my family in Louisiana and Texas having snow...so weird!! Anyway, I am saying that because with Valentines Day, I kept telling Matt that it felt like Christmas with all of the gifts piling up. Not that I mind of course. Matt also mentioned that it was one of his favorite holidays, hmmm..never knew that! Well, the only problem with all of this good stuff around is that it has been reeking havoc on my diet! I am a sucker for those Reese's Peanut Butter Hearts...and they are 16 points PER heart! That is like over HALF of my Weight Watchers daily allowance. Good news is...I haven't GAINED any weight, bad news is...I haven't lost any either. Plateau. Is that why they call them "love handles"...?! Ha.

Okay...I had to take a picture of this. Look how cute my mom is. She put together Valentine's Cups for us...and sent them home with Matt in a CUPHOLDER! I had to laugh. I guess my family is a four-pack. LOL! I love it!

In addition to my mom's gifts, my brother and his wife sent us gifts from New Mexico. Also, Matt's Dad and his wife Tina also had a bag of treats for the kids. Lauren also had Valentines Day parties in her dance class and in her Kindergarten class! SOO much sugar around!

Here are the bags that I put together for the kids and Matt. Nothing too fancy, but I wanted to let the people that I love the most, KNOW that I love them the most!


So, although it was quite simple, I might have had the best Valentines ever. We actually celebrated it the day before because I didn't want to fight the crowds on Sunday. For Christmas my sister Sarah gave Matt and I just what we asked for--babysitting certificates, 3 of them, so I redeemed one finally! Matt took me to eat at my favorite place-Tepankyaki! It is so rare that we get time ALONE and OUT. Our chef at Tepanyaki was the best I have ever had, I was laughing so hard. The food was as delicious as always. Afterwards, we got coffee, well, I got a tea and we grabbed a few items at Toys R Us for Lauren's upcoming birthday. It was nice to casually stroll with my hubby. I'd have to say I got more kisses this weekend, than I have had in a very long tme. Sarah and her friend John had fun with the kids (well, the kids had fun anyway) eating popcorn and watching "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs'. We got home early enough to still hang out with the kids, we even got some ice-cream to top the night off. Matt had enough time to do our taxes and we are getting a return instead of owing, whew! SO...all in all a perfect day!

I hope that you all felt some love this weekend as well! :)

2 comments:

Misty said...

Cute cute cute! That cup holder is such a clever idea! (And I've heard that sugar on holidays is a few less points than sugar on regular days.) :)

Beth said...

Cute idea from your Mom! She sure is special! Glad you have an amazing Mom!
Glad you didn't gain weight! You go girl!
So happy Matt loves this holiday, Josh hates it!
Oh and p.s. thanks for sharing your Reese's peanut butter heart the other night, it was AMAZING!