Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Great Weekend!

Before I get to the fun pictures, I have to brag about the work I did this weekend. Matt and I got all of the sprinklers installed in the front yard. I think that I impressed Matt with all of my digging skills! Glad it is done...now we have to do the back yard and lay down sod..oh and landscaping....having a new house is a LOT of work...hopefully we will never have to do it again!
One day it will be pretty pretty! PS...Matt is amazing! He is soo good at everything he does! His perfectionism was only slightly time-consuming, but appreciated!
Okay, to the fun stuff...and I am warning you...I have lots of pics! Oh and another warning, I LOVE shots taken from behind...they seem so sweet!
Well, Matt's brother Greg and his wife Alex and us have a fun little deal. We take turns watching each other kids every other weekend so that the other couple can go out. It is win-win! Not only do I get to hang out with my cute nieces every other week, I also get to go on a date with my hubby every other week too! Here are some pics of our weekend babysitting!
Here is my niece Madeleine! She is such a good little baby! I think she is adorable!
She was a good little trooper as we took the older kids around Gardner Village to see the witches. I just love Halloween and we couldn't wait for our first trip of the year. The first of many, if I dare guess.
Here is Matt, Lauren, Jamie, and my niece Isabella checking out the lake and the witch in the boat.
The Three Muskateers! They get along so great and LOVE hanging out with each other every week. We are so lucky!
Lauren and Bella with their first witch. Jamie was a little too shy at first.
Jamie got brave enough for a pic. Cute kiddos if I do say so myself!
Like I said, I love pics from the back. My kids are great!
The red hat witch!
Kids on a swing.
Hard to get a pic with ALL the kids looking and smiling...2 outta 3 on this one!
I am looking forward to Fall!
Awww..cousins and friends.
The hula-hooping witch:
Matt offered to buy everyone a trest from "Sweet Aftons". The best candy store ever! The kids all chose Ring Pops. They were all thrilled, look at Jamie's big ol' grin!
Matt and ALL four kiddos. They all look like they have binkies!
Matt and Maddy. Matt is so good with kids, even babies. Man, I sure lucked out snagging him!
Me and my girl, Lauren.
Me and my boy Jamie:
Adventurous Jamie:
Adorable Bella!
Sweet Lauren:
Later that night, we went over to Matt's dad's house for some hot dogs cooked on the fire pit. Yum!! Jamie was more interested in playing with Maddy's carseat! He thought it was soo funny! What a silly boy!
Me and the three girls around the fire.
I don't know if you can see this or not, but Lauren and Bella are dragging around Jamie on a blanket. It was so funny. They get a kick out of the strangest things!
My cute hubby Matt, what a good sport!
Matt's dad Leo and his wife Tina enjoying the family and the fire:
The kids begged Matt to play Tag. Which he did. He used to do the same thing with my little sisters when they were little kids. He is so much fun.
Tina and Maddy.
Lauren and Bella...best little buddies!
And one final shot of the fire. I could sit around a campfire all night! It was a little bittersweet. Summer is over, and although I love the Fall..I am not a Winter fan! This weekend was full of a little bit of work, a little bit of fun and a lot of family. In other words, perfect.
PS. I love you Matt. Thanks for your example of working hard and playing hard. You are the best!

5 comments:

Misty said...

Rachel, I could read your blog all day. You have so much fun! (How do you do it all? I swear you're super-woman!) The date night/kid rotation is GENIOUS! I'm going to have to bring it up with my sis! And how fun for the cousins. I love how cuddly and huggy they all are. I think we're going to try the Witches this year with the boys. And hooray for the sprinklers!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Looks like so much fun! And your right Matt does look like he loves all those kids, maybe it's time for another one for you two!! lol

Cute pics, thanks for posting!

Beth said...

I love this post! Love it! I have never seen the Witches- we are going for sure this year. Harbor will have a blast. Glad you had a good wknd, Cute kiddos!
I was kiss Maddy and them cheeks!

Rachel said...

Cute pics! We need to make it over to Garnder Village too. One of our favorite Fall things to do.

Greg & Alex said...

Cute pics! Bella didn't look too bad given the accident she had...good thing her pj's kinda matched her shirt ;) I am glad to see you guys had fun. I know Bella loves hanging out with her cousins, Aunt and Uncle. Thanks for posting the pics!