Saturday, January 28, 2012

Misty

I must be the luckiest girl in the world-because I have the BEST people in my life.

I talk about Misty a lot...so humor me while I tell you our story. Back in 2006 I got two new people on my team at work. They were young and quiet and shy but eager to learn and to do well. Little did I know that one of them would become one of my bestest friends. We bonded over the fact that we were both trying to get pregnant at the same time. We shared a lot of heartache, struggle and pain..but also joy. I believe that she was one of the first people that I told that I was pregnant. I also think I was one of the first she told that she was also pregnant...and I also believe we cried together when she told me she was going to quit. I cried again on her last day and kept her badge on my desk for months afterward. I saw her twice after that...at her baby shower and at another friend's baby shower...and then we didn't see each other for 4 years. However-we kept close contact...e-mails, blogs, texts, Facebook and care packages sent back and forth. I felt like I knew each of her boys, I felt like I held her daughter myself. She came to see me last year and I finally went to see her this past week. The hard part of our friendship is that she lives 60 miles away. After my 2 hour drive there I was amazed by technology and how a text can travel that distance in seconds. I wish that I could have gone on a day the kids were off of school so that we could have gone earlier and stayed all day. I will try to make it down there this summer when I can see where she grew up in the daylight. I can't wait to see this town that she loves so much. I am not sure if she knows how much I cherish our relationship. Years ago I vowed not to put energy into people that don't put the energy back. Misty definitely puts the energy into me-it is so nice to know that there is someone that loves you that doesn't have to. There is so much about her that I admire her for-I could go on and on and on...but I have rambled enough for today...so here are the pics of my recent trip.

She made us a yummy dinner. BOTH my kids asked for seconds and pretty much cleaned their plates. I got to taste her famous family farm corn-delish. (left to right-Lauren, Melia, Jamie, and AJ). Can you tell my kids are trained cheesers?! It makes me laugh.
I got to sit by Aaron. He had pirate day at school so he had a beard still. This kiddo has a ton of energy-he kept me laughing the whole time.
I vowed that I would get some pictures in...and we tried my phone because I thought the pics would be better...Lauren kept trying but we could just NOT get a good picture of us....they kept being fuzzy...so here they are anyway.










We even tried to do self photos...but it is hard to push the button on the phone with one hand while holding it...So Misty had to help me. I don't know if you can tell..but I think we were both laughing trying to get it to work...

Oh boy..we are so silly!
So...one of those things I love about her....um....she is super crafy. She took our picture and made this super cool clock as part of my Christmas present. I think she picked the perfect photo-I love how the circle goes around our picture.
I also wanted to do a craft with her while we were there. My friend Bree put this project on her blog and I wanted to try. I have to say that I love the results...and I got a lot of compliments on it. SO...I have found the perfect combination..one friend for help with inspiration and one friend for help with perspiration! Notice I don't have a picture of Misty's heart wreath...that is because hers was WAY better than mine. That is okay-I am fine being second place to her. Oh, I also hogged all of the coffee filters and she didn't get to finish hers....I am such a jerk.
As I write this tonight, my heart is full. I have so much to be thankful for. I have a great husband, sweet kids, a supportive family, and wonderful friends. Thanks Misty-you are one in a million!!

3 comments:

Misty said...

Rachel! I don't even know what to say after reading such a sweet post. I didn't know you kept my badge after I left DC. Do you know I still have my Discover mouse pad because it makes me think of you? Are we crazy sentimentals or what? :) I'm so happy that you made the big trek down this way and we really need to see each other IN PERSON more often! What's 60 miles, right? :) Thanks for being my real bestie. Love you so so much!

erin louise said...

I totally agree with your statement on not being friends with people that don't make the effort back... I think we all learn the hard way that truth.

Bree said...

Awe, I LOVE your version. It looks amazing! You don't give yourself enough credit girl! That was a sweet post to your friend!