Thursday, December 29, 2011

Post 14: Someone who fascinates you and why

Post 14: Someone who fascinates you and why. Sorry-no photos.

I thought about this post for a long time. BUT just ONE person? That is too hard. I am fascinated by everyone. I love to meet people and find out about them. If any of you are familiar with Strengthsfinders...I have WOO as one of my strengths. It means I like to make strangers turn into friends. I am a very curious person....or nosy. I think people are so interesting, and it may be why I love reality TV so much. Anyway, I thought I would share instead a couple of people and why they fascinate me. Really-everyone is interesting to me...so forgive me if I left you off the list! Okay...in no particular order.

First off-is my hubby. Seriously-he is good at ANYTHING he tries. He is handy around the house-can fix anything. Everything always seems so easy to him. He is seldom stressed out. He is also somewhat of a financial wizard-which is why I recently turned over all my money to him.

Kristen Wiig...she is so funny! She is my favorite girl on SNL. I love how in her skits she can be so pretty and then so ugly. I would LOVE to be funny-everyone likes someone who is funny. I also love Tina Fey for much the same reasons.

Matt's sister Kristen. I have NEVER met someone who is so disciplined.

My neighbor April. I don't know how she does all that she does with virtually no sleep.

Jennifer Jensen. I work with her and she has gone through so much tragedy and heartbreak-yet she is always so positive and never without a smile.

Bree Gowers. One of my old neighbors. She has so many talents-she is an awesome decorator, an awesome party planner, an awesome hairdresser, an awesome photographer, and she was an awesome neighbor!

Britney Spears. I think she is beautiful..and a great dancer and performer. I can't take my eyes off her.

My Grandma Duplantis...9 kids, one arm...enough said.

My mom. She is like the opposite of me. She is very patient, loving, religious, forgiving, even-tempered, she is a good cook, cleans like a pro, she is just perfect. Best mom ever. Along with that I also am fascinated by my Aunt Anita and my Aunt Kathy-they are super-human-I am convinced of it!

My sister Sarah. She is so stinkin' cute. She is so determined, and fiesty-yet shy. I feel like I can talk to her about anything. I love working with her. I don't know what I would do without her!

Christy Allfrey. She is a friend I have had since 6th grade. She is a great writer. She has 5 kids and makes it all look easy. She is funny, smart, loving, crafty. I am often in awe of all that she accomplishes.

Stacey Monsen. One of my old bosses. She made everything seem easy. She is another one with great determination. She is super skinny, super generous, a super hard worker, and a super communicator. I learned a lot working for her.

Misty Rindlisbacher. She is crafty-seriously she should go into business. Or into the party planning busines. Or into the day care business. Or into the book writing business. Okay-she is super talented. Super religious. Super funny. Super loving. Super giving. She amazes me.

Julianne Hough. She is such a great dancer, has the perfect body, and is just gorgeous. When I think of "perfect looking" I think of her. I wish I could be her for just one day!

Summer Gallegos/Suzie Featherstone. Two gals I work with...they seem to balance being moms and being kick-ass Managers perfectly. They make it look so easy! They are also stylish, beautiful, smart, focused, and determined.

Okay, so that is an odd bunch of people and I will probably be kicking myself after for all the people that dawn on me after I publish this. I honestly think everyone is interesting in their own way. However, with my top choices, I saw some themes come through. Did you notice them? It isn't that the grass is always greener on the other side-I am just fascinated (or jealous) of people who have different strengths than me.

Hope this picture-less post isn't too boring. :)

3 comments:

Christy said...

Ahhh... that made my day Rachel. And why you fascinate me? Um numero uno- that you are WOO on Strengh-Finder! So not one of my strengths. I love that you are a people person. I wish that I could be. #2-You are okay with who you are. Flaws and all (Not that I have noticed any). You seem so comfortable in your own skin but are willing to share that you are work in progress. #3-Your ability to keep people around you. Seriously, has it really been since 6th grade!!! Craziness. I feel like I have known you forever. #4-You are devoted to your family. It seems like you cannot get enough of them even if they drive you crazy. #5-Best hair EVER!!!! I seriously always wished I could have truly dark-lucious locks like you. Unfortunately, no matter how much hair dye I use, it wasn't meant to be. #6-You are sincere. You say it like it is and no one has to wonder where they stand with you. #7-You are smart. Yes, YES you are! #Infinity- I just love you and think you are the best. I wish that I had more hours to spend with you. You are pretty darn amazing!

Kelly Lim said...

Two no-picture posts in a row, You're skating on thin ice! Kidding of course, I love reading your no-picture posts, keep it up!

Misty said...

Can I just "ditto" Christy's comment? You are so sweet and reading the things about me that you think are strengths gave me the little boost I needed yesterday. I DID notice a pattern in all of those fine ladies you mentioned, though -- the very things you admire are also things you're quite successful at. I am amazed at all you do and that even though you (seriously!) do it all, you still manage to be such a great mom and wife. I strive to be like you in so many ways. YOU are incredibly giving and self-sacrificing, your amazingly strong, amazingly talented, and are turning into quite the crafter yourself. :) I just love you to death and value your friendship above all of the Tootsie Rolls in all the world. For realsies.