Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lauren's FIRST day of SECOND Grade.

I know that it seems like I just posted about her LAST day of First Grade....and I did. Ah, the beauty of being on year round school. She was off for a full three weeks in between grades, and we sure made the best of that (future posts to come).

I got her a new haircut and a new outfit for her first day of school. I just think she is the cutest little girl in the world. I think she is so photogenic. I just love her. She humors me and my quest to photograph her.
This is her sassy side.

I love the over the shoulder look! I also love her new backpack. We agreed on Hello Kitty, you just can't go wrong.


The obligitary close up. She now has teeth.

We always get a few shots outside. This is my FAVORITE picture. Sweet, sweet girl.

Almost ready to go. 7 years old. Time sure flies. Where did my baby go? As with tradition, the whole family was there on her first day.
I snuck away from work to be there for her first day. You would think by my third time doing this that I would be used to it...but no, when she walked through the doors-the tears started flowing (by me only, of course).
I had to document this. Everytime she goes back on track-the whole family has to adjust to the new schedule. The first few days are always a bit rough. BOTH my kids fell asleep on the drive home.
(sorry this is side-ways)...Jamie fell asleep too. You can tell he is his father's son!
Lauren had such a great teacher last year-so I was sad to see her move on-but she actually LIKED her first day with her new teacher. I am looking forward to September when Jamie starts going to pre-school at Lauren's school. My kids mean the world to me and I can't believe they are growing up so fast. I love the journey and the adventure-I just wish it went by a bit slower.

1 comment:

Christy said...

She is so cute! I love her new haircut. I am sorry that it is sad to send her back to school.... I am always thrilled because my kids are so happy about it. BUT I probably won't feel that way when Leah goes. You seriously have the cutest little family!