Friday, July 16, 2010

Zander Jonathan Fitch

The baby is here! Here are some cute pics taken shortly before the birth!

My two sisters comparing tummies! Pregnant belly hasn't seen too much sun. LOL.

Cute belly and NO stretch marks! Wish I could have said the same thing for mine!

This is a picture taken by Sarah, I think this was at the hospital...right before being admitted.

Man, sometimes thing don't work out quite the way you plan...I have 20 vacation days left at work, so I thought that with my sister due to have her baby on July 29th...I would schedule some time at the end of the month, this way I could be there or allow my mom to be there without having to worry about babysitting my kids. WELL...July 15th Ashley went to work at 6am but she started having what she thought were cramps, she left work because she was not feeling well...she went to take a nap but her "cramps" were getting worse, she figured they might be contractions. My sister Sarah took her to the hospital around 7pm and come to find out, she was dialated to a 4. Much to everyone's shock she was admitted. They broke her water and the waiting began! Finally around 5am she was dialated to a 10 and after waiting 45 minutes for the doctor to get there, and after just 4 pushes he was out! (this is the story I got from Sarah). I wasn't present at the hospital. I had to work on Friday and I kept debating about whether or not I should be there with her for the actual labor. Anyway, here are some shots, taken by my mom:
Here is Ashley waiting, and being a champ! She had intended to try to deliver with no epidural and she held out for a really long time...much longer than I coulda!

Here are the eager soon-to-be parents. Ashley and Victor:

And here is the cute guy! He was born July 16 at 6:28 AM. He was 8 pounds 6 ounces and 19 inches long. He has a lot of dark hair and is so sweet!

He is a little chubby, ADORABLE!

Look at those chubby cheeks and those cute lips.

Here is the proud papa, Victor.

Here is my sister, a new mom!!


SO...I went to work that day. My mom told me that visiting later was a better idea because NO ONE had slept the night before. I left work early, something that I NEVER do...and Matt and me and the kiddos rushed to the hospital. Our timing ended up being horrible. Right before we got there, the nurse came in and whisked the baby away leaving everyone with some bad news. For some reason the baby's white blood cell count was really low. They were gonna give him an IV antibiodic and run a bunch of tests on him. When I got to the hospital, my poor sister was upset. I am sure that everything is just precautionary right now. But I could only imagine the feeling and fear when that happens to ya. She is one of the strongest and bravest people that I know. I am so proud of the fact that whatever obstacle that comes at her, she never lets it get her down.

Any thoughts and prayers that you could spare for this little baby would be much appreciated. I am not sure who is out there reading my blog (this all may just be my personal journal)... but if anyone is...please say an extra prayer if you can. I will keep you updated as I get more information. Hopefully on my next visit I can actually hold the little guy, not just peek at him through the window.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Congratulations Auntie.... he is beautiful. Those little stinkers love to stress their parents and those who love them out. I will keep prayers going their way and hope that this is just a "glitch" and part of his story.

Mom of three ♥ said...

Congrats! It is very stressful when something like that happens to your baby. I will keep them and your family in my prayers!

Lamb Fam said...

Rach- he is BEAUTIFUL! I love chubby newborns! I will definitely keep little Jonathan in my prayers. I'm sure you're right about them being "precautionary," but it is still scary. He looks like a healthy little baby to me. Congrats to you all!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! Hope is ok. We'll keep him in our prayers!

Beth said...

Cannot believe he came so early!
I bet nice for Ash to get him out!
He is so chubby! And cute!
I want to see him!