Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Special Friend...

You know sometimes, every now and then, you meet someone that you just totally "click with". Someone that in a way, you feel like you have known forever, someone that you could talk to for hours and hours.... Well, back in May, I came across one of those people. At work, I was moved departments (ugh, I hate change) but it ended up being such a great experience..and I met a friend that I hope to have forever. Her name is Beth McHale Landgrebe. January 22 was her birthday and I traveled to Tooele with the kids to spend the day with her and her family.

Here is a picture of Lauren and Beth's adorable daughter, Harbor...good friends despite the age difference:

One of the kid's favorite things to do at Miss Beth's house is to play with their cute bunny, Sadie:

Here is a picture of all the kids, their dogs, Beth's husband Josh (even though you can't see him...it was freezing outside), oh and the bunny:

Beth and Harbor:

Beth and Me. Lauren took our picture, we were trying not to laugh:

Us again:

One of the things I gave her for her birthday was tickets for her and Josh to come to a Jazz Game with Matt and I. It was on January 25, versus the Suns and it was packed:

Matt and I had a blast at the game too! Good food, a good game, with good friends. Oh yeah!

Beth and me at the game:

The Jazz Bear was entertaining as always!

It was cool to see Steve Nash in person! My favorite Jazz player is in this shot too, # 24 Paul Milsap! I am often heard yelling "go Milly!"

Here is Josh and Beth, a cute couple!

Sweet Victory! It was a nail biter..but the Jazz pulled off a win! It was probably the highest scoring game I've ever been to! Woo-hoo!

Happy Birthday Beth. I hope it was a good one. Thanks for all you've done for me...for all that you are.
*For Pink Stuff
*For Early Morning Texts
*For always always having a smile on your face
*For being loud and outspoken (I'm not the only one!)
*For Midday Texts, okay..all day texts
*For your zest for life, it is so fun to spoil you as you are so grateful for everything.
*For your honesty
*For you always trying to be helpful, you are always trying to take care of me
*For making me feel like I am a good boss
*For being the shoulder to cry on and the one to celebrate small and big victories with.

LOVE YA GIRL! Hope you had a good birthday!

4 comments:

Misty said...

Way cute post, Rachel! I don't know how anyone could meet you and not love you so much! Glad you have a good friend in Beth. :)

Misty said...

P.S. Thanks for thinking of me! Yes, it did make me feel SO special to know I was your first thought! :) Love ya!

Beth said...

AWWW! Make me cry mid day! Not supposed to cry mid day!
Your posts are 10 times better than mine! Jeaulous!
Thanks for saying such nice things about me and of me! Love you!
We had an amazing time at the game, glad my first experience was with you and Matt. What else new are we going to do together!
And yes I am very grateful! Have to be! Love all that you do for me! Love that your an amazing person inside and out! Love that you believe in ME!
Thanks for being friends with such a crazy gal!
Love You!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!