Sunday, March 3, 2013

Lauren's Nine Year Old Shoot

Lauren's birthday was approaching.  I got in touch with my awesome neighbor and made an appointment with Bree to get Lauren's ninth birthday pictures taken.  I shopped for the perfect outfit.  I was all set.  February 16th came and disaster struck.  Well, not for me...but for Lauren you would think it was the end of the world.  She drug her feet getting ready...and was the last in the tub and had a cold shower.  It set the tone for the rest of her day.  My beautiful and sweet little girl POUTED the entire shoot.  She is usually so good at picture taking...but these last two years Lauren was not a good model.  I was mad, I was sad, I was dissapointed, I was embarrassed, I was thinking "we didn't get any good shots".  Bree really worked her magic and got some pictures that I just love!  I was set up for low expectations..and when I saw the sneak peak...I literally said out loud "Oh, my GOSH!"....not only did she get great pictures, she captured my not so little girl...really growing up. 

Nine years old.  EEK!  I love this big old bow and cute chalkboard that Bree had. 

 Here is a sort of smile.

 I love the hat.
 If looks could kill.
 I love this face anyway.
 She has my heart.
 Kinda sweet.
 I love the way Bree plays with the light.
 Big brown eyes.
 This was her idea.  Awe!
 We were telling her "don't you smile"....
 Precious.
 Pretty in Pink!
 She has huge feet!!!
 She has the cutest little shape...she loves candy just like me...and I warn her all the time of the dangers!
 So tall and skinny.  She looks SOOO grown up here!!
 Sassy!
 I have been trying to grow out her bangs.
I found this scarf at Children's Place and I had to have it!
 I am kinda shocked she didn't literally cry that day, I almost did!
 Well..now you know what she looks like when she is mad.
 Trying to fake a smile....wish we would have got her to give at least ONE good smile.
 Guess, I will have to settle for big smile, closed lips.
 This was the shot that shocked me...I can't believe my baby looks this old!!
 Lauren SuzAnne Lovato.
 Doing the splits...her idea....Bree and I will have to remember that next year.
 I loved Bree's blue chair.
 Black and white.
 I love the blue matching headband.
 I loved this headband too.  Good call Bree!
 I think this captures her age.
 Love it.
 Trying to smile.
 Back to pouting.
Maybe the closest thing we got to a smile.
 I guess I will keep her.
 Usually following this look is her saying "Mommeee".
 NINE!????
 Too cute not to love!
 I do like this one too.  Such a stylish thang.

Thanks Bree for the always excellent pics, thanks for your patience!!  We sure do love you!!! 

1 comment:

Misty said...

Even grumpy, she is one beautiful girl!