Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Octobery Novemberish

Octobery Novemberish
I realize that I haven't blogged for a while and I missed some cool things.  SO...here it is.

We carved/poked/painted our pumpkins.  I really liked the painting.  This picture is blurry but you get the idea.  I loved my owl pumpkin.  


My kids were super cute for Halloween.  I was super devastated that I had to work that day, so I woke up early..went to work for a few hours and then left work to see them in their costumes.  They were adorable.

 I figured if I had to work, I would dress up..so I rocked this outfit all day.
 Matt was a good sport and took them out trick-or-treating AND he wore this witch hat. We were lucky that this year it was very warm.

 The kids went with our neighbors....here is Jamie with his best friend Gage...as Darth Vader.
 Their first house.

November 4th we had our family pictures done.  After, Matt's dad Leo invited us over for dinner.  Matt's brother was there with his girls...my kids love any chance they get to see their cousins.  So cute!

 I was thankful that we took our pictures early CUZ it started snowing on November 8th and didn't stop for like three whole days.  UGH.

Anytime this kid gets in the car, it is lights out.  I don't know why..it cracks me the heck up.

On November 10th we decided to reward our kids for their AWESOME report cards with a trip to the Ruby River Steakhouse and to see Wreck It Ralph.  I love that sometimes my kids are the best of buddies! It was so much fun.
 Seriously...how cute are they?
 Later that night, we left my kids at my folks and went to dinner and silent auction at our old church, Leo's current church. St. Joseph the Worker.  The hall was the same hall that we had our wedding reception at.  It brought back a lot of memories.  There was a jazz band there, I love jazz.  Matt and I got a few dances in.
 At our table, was Matt's cute Aunt Angie.  She is wearing the hat, that was actually a centerpiece.
 That same weekend, Matt decided Jamie was ready to inherit the transformers that were Matt's when he was a kid.  Jamie couldn't have been more thrilled!  We came home from church and Jamie runs in the house and says "HELLO SWEET TRANSFORMERS".  He must have said "Thanks for my Transformers Dad" like 20 times.  What a good boy!  He asked me to take this picture and send it to his friend AJ.
 At the silent auction, Matt bid on and won this bench.  It is a handmade bench and it is really cool...especially how it looks right now with all of my Christmas decor on it!!!


My birthday celebration started on November 16.  I scored some tickets to the Sawyer Brown concert in Wendover from KSL.  Matt got us a super crappy cheap room at the Wendover Nugget and we were set.  I still sort of giggle because we got a double queen room and we debated on sleeping in the same bed and be squishy or each take a bed.  Gee..we are getting old.  For the record, we shared.  :)
 The view outside our room.


The news of the Hostess ending was just hitting and after strike one at a gas station, I found some Twinkies in Wendover.  Don't worry..they weren't that good.


The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing.  We got our Christmas decorations out and watched Christmas movies. I love being home at night with my family-since I only get to do it 2-3 nights a week. I love to watch Jamie play with his toys. 

 Here is our tree...all finished!  What a chore!
 Thanksgiving Day: Lauren made her own "Pilgrims Outfit"...this creative lady cracks me up!  I don't know what the heck was up with me but this was the ONLY picture I took on Thanksgiving!  We first had dinner at Leo and Tina's house.  I got to wash the dishes, which I loved.  We also went to my folks house and visited and had some pie.  We got home and Lauren and I played my "Words With Friends" game that Leo and Tina gave to me early as a birthday present.  Lauren even beat me!
Friday night, we got the sad news that our grasshopper Lucky had passed.  He made it like 6 months!  I try to tell Lauren that he might have died in the cold if he had been outside so he lived a long life (albeit lonely and caged).  


When I got to work on Friday, my team surprised me with a card and a present, this Christmas decoration, I love it. So sweet.  It was really unexpected.  They also brought in brownies-a-la-mode as a treat!  How sweet!
 Lauren snapped this picture of Oreo..she said she was waiting for Santa.  LOL!  This cat loves to sleep on the chair especially when the fire is going. The rough life of a cat.
 Sunday the 25th was my celebration with my family.  My parents, my sisters, Matt's dad and his wife, and my nephew Zander, and Sarah's boyfriend Colin all joined us at Red Lobster.  SOO YUMMY!  They came back to our house for cake and ice-cream and coffee.  Matt's sister, Kristen and her husband Dave and their son Ethan also stopped by (but I didn't get a pic).  Here is my cute cake!  White cake, yumm!
 Sarah and Colin.
 My cute parents.  I loved having them at my house, sometimes it is hard to get them "all the way out" to my house.
 My cute kids...and my cute kid sister.
 My poser nephew Zander, such a ham!
 My cake all lit up!  I thought the cake might go up in smoke, seriously it was generating some heat.  Everyone was teasing me for taking my own picture while everyone sang.
 Me and my sisters. Yup..we are short.
 Our kids wanted in on some of the action. 
 And my dad too!  That a lotta Lovatos!
 Silly Zander. Silly Pa Pa!
 
After everyone left, Lauren came down like this.  She cracks me up

After everyone left, I relaxed on the couch...with the cat on my legs.  How sweet is she?


Lauren also cracked me up in her Santa getup.  The shirt is actually my tree skirt.  Oh boy!
 November 26 AKA...My real birthday, was awesome.  Matt and I both had the day off.  He took me and Jamie out for french toast at Kneaders.  We dropped off Jamie at school and we headed to see "Pitch Perfect" at the theatre, such a cute show.  Matt gave me a memory card for my phone, some new headphones, and Just Dance 4.  When we got back from the movie we played Just Dance (Matt's first time playing!  SO FUN!).  Then I got to pick dinner AND the TV we watched.  Jimmy Johns and Dancing with the Stars, woo hoo!  Such a great night.  Another great night just being home in front of the fire.  LOVE! Check out my cute hubby!  He just gets better with time!!  He treated me like a princess all day...loved it!

 Lauren made me a light bright display.  She is good, eh?
 Even the neighborhood got me a present...a "No Outlet" sign for our circle.  Just kidding, I don't think that was just for me.
 Look at all my cards, and my birthday sign.  I felt very much loved. (there is even a hand written card on lined paper from my sweet boy).
I hope you all enjoyed the celebrations as much as I did!!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Man you guys have so much fun! I love how your kids are ALWAYS smiling when you take their picture! My kids don't do that! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of Lauren with your tree skirt on - her little leg poking out the bottom makes the picture even more hilarious to me!