Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I don't craft that often...

...but when I do...you better believe I blog about it!!

So...a couple of months back, we were shopping at my favorite store....the Downeast Basics/Pottery Barn outlet...and we found these super awesome, super big wheelie backpacks.  The stuff there is super cheap usually because some engraving got messed up...as in "Dylan's" case below.  Lauren and Jamie were in love with them and BEGGED for them.  Lauren's was perfect, no engraving, no problem...just a little dirty.  Jamie's even came with a lunch box that says "Tushar" that I haven't started on yet. I procrastinated this project until..um the night before Jamie started school.  

The Before:  It looks like the embroidery got stitched to the inside of the backpack...ruining the lettering and putting a small hole in the front.  The inside seems fine...just some black thread on a strap.  No biggie. 

 Step One: Unpick some of the lettering.  This little process took me 3 hours for just two letters.  What a pain in the butt!  I taped the inside just to make it more secure.
 The Finished Product:  Iron on some cool patches.  Jamie asked me "what if someone has the same back pack as me?".  I laughed and said "No one will have your same backpack, yours is custom."
I love when I get to channel my inner Misty.  I think Matt was impressed with my mad skills.  That is enough project-ing. for a while.  LOL!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it looks amazing!! Remind me sometime to show you the easy way to unpick. :). I know, a little late for this project. I'll bet Jamie's backpack is the envy of the kindygardnas.

Misty said...

Haha! See that "Wilson PTA" post? Yeah, it was me. Nerd.