Sunday, October 24, 2010

Being a Mom

This past week was great. Lauren was off track and I had PTO to burn, so I took an ENTIRE week off (THAT NEVER HAPPENS). One of the goals was to Potty Train Jamie, FINALLY I know! He has been going potty in the toilet for a while now, just only when naked and we really haven't ever tried "big boy" pants. I made no real plans except to stay home and work on the process. One great side-effect was being able to spend SOO much time with both kids. With me working nights and Lauren in school full-time, we don't get much time together. We had some good bonding time. Lauren was helpful all week and Jamie was easier to train than I thought it was gonna be.

Lauren has always been a bit of a Daddy's girl and so it has been great for me that Jamie has always been a bit of a Momma's boy. He always has to sit by me wherever we go, he is always so sweet and affectionate towards me and of course I am the one he cries for. This week he has been especially sweet. At least 20 times each day he would come up to me and say "Mommy, I love you". It melts my heart every time. I asked Matt this week if he did the same thing to him, and Matt had told me no. SO...on Wednesday night after I made dinner Jamie came up to me and hugged me and said "Mommy, I love you" and I whispered to him..."go and tell your dad"...so he went up to Matt and said "Daddy, I love Mommy". Priceless.

Ya know, Sometimes I find it hard to juggle it all. To be a wife, a mother, to work full-time, to be a good friend, a good neighbor, a helpful sister, a giving daughter...the list goes on with roles that we all carry. This week, without having to work, it was very nice just to be a mom. It really is the hardest job you'll ever love. Having such wonderful kids makes it all worth it. I love them so much and would do anything for them.
Me and the best kiddos in the world, this past Summer. I really am, so very lucky.

6 comments:

Lamb Fam said...

What a great post. I love the story of Jamie telling Matt that he loves mommy. Awesome!
And I hear ya- I'm now a full-time SAHM and it has been quite the adjustment! I've always worked at least part-time since I've had kids. It's a lot of work being a mom 24/7.
Love ya, Rach!

Misty said...

What a fun week! Congrats on the potty training. :) I LOVE that Jamie told Matt "I love Mommy". What a sweetie!

Rachel said...

You do a great job with all of your different roles! Such a cute picture of you and the kids!

emily said...

A whole week off? wow! I took one day a few months back to practice my SAHM skills (stay at home mom) and I was eager to return to work...i've just come to realize my children will be okay...

good luck with the potty training! Sounds like it was a party! (which I hope it was...diet coke and crakers! works every time!!!)

Beth said...

Cute post!
Love the Jamie quote to Matt!
Cute pic!

val said...

hi there. fun to check in on you and your fam. your kids are so big! crazy how fast time flies. great post. it will be so fun to have this stuff documented for later in life. hopefully our kids will love to read and see photos of these times.
keep up the good work in everything you do!!