Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Coming along nicely

This week has been another exciting week for our homebuilding. We have been busy packing up the old house, and getting things ready for our move. On Friday, my mom had Lauren overnight, so Matt and I took a little break and had a mini-date night, and by that I mean, we took our little mini-boy out to dinner with us to Red Lobster. Jamie was very interested in the lobster tank:
I love the little curious boy look:
The hostess even let Jamie touch the lobster!
They did a lot on the house this week, I hope you don't mind all of the photos, I LOVE my digital camera, and I get so excited about the little things that get accomplished each week. Our granite counter-tops were installed...I just LOVE to touch them!
One of the chandeliers arrived, Matt picked these out without me and I think he did a great job:
The tile and the showerhead are in, and we have running water:
The finish we chose is called "Oil Rubbed Bronze", much better than the brass that I currently have. I also really like the door handles, Matt let me pick them out:
The Corian in the guest bathroom was installed:
Another shot of the kitchen:
The mantle and the tile around the fireplace were done, I can't wait to hang our Christmas stockings from them:
A full shot of the Master Bathroom, Jamie is already learning how the handles work:
A closeup of the granite (it is the same in the kitchen and the Master Bath), the one we chose is called Giallo Santo:
The duel sinks in the master bath, Matt wanted it to be furniture style that was adult height, both upgrades:
The toilet room, or water closet as it is formally called:
The lights, and the medicine cabinet in the Master Bath:
A view of the Living Room, from the loft:
A view of the front door from the loft:
The kids' bathroom:
Their Corian countertops, I have never had Corian before, but I think it looks super cool:
After the whole "tile-theft" setback, they finally finished laying ALL of the tile:
The sink in the laundry room, an upgrade that I wanted:
The appliances waiting to be installed...it doesn't take much to get me excited:

They also installed the fence in our backyard, they are still working on the lake pretty much all day every day, I wonder what it will look like when they are done.

Our sinks in the kitchen, Mia, the designer, talked me into getting off-set sinks:
The hallway into Lauren's bedroom, the only hallway in the entire house:

Well, that about does it for last week's progress. Today they were putting in the carpet, BUT my battery died....so I will have to save those photos until next post. Until then...we are anxiously awaiting our closing date of December 1. WOO-HOO!!!

8 comments:

Christy said...

So exciting! I think it looks amazing and I love the dark wood. I am a fan! I hope from here on out everything goes smoothly...

Misty said...

Your house is gorgeous! I love it all! So excited for you! :)

Amber said...

I cant wait to see your house!

Bree said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous! All the little things that you guys picked out make it so much more fabulous. I am excited to see it.

Summer said...

Awesome house Rachel! I bet you are on pins and needles waiting to move in. I love the kitchen the best!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Looks very nice!I bet your getting excited to move in.

Nannie said...

The house is looking so beautiful. I bet you cant wait till Thanksgiving... Me neither because we get to be with family and I get 4 days off. Keep us posted about the final day... Love, Nannie

Greg & Alex said...

Rach, looks great!!! I hope you have a great day tomorrow...we have a gift for you so I will have to bring it by or we will bring it on Thanksgiving. Love ya!!